What happens when The Devil meets The Queen of swords.

lunascholar

Hello all tarot enthusiast/scholars,

Due to current circumstances which I will share later on, I am trying to understand what a relationship/bond will be like between the Devil and the Queen of Swords.

If they were in the beginning stages of a relationship, how would they treat each other? And what would it be like if they were just friends or enemies. I'm curious because of current circumstances ( a person I admire/like is The Devil and I resonate partially with The Queen of Swords).

Feel free to refer books or movies that clearly depict their relationship/bond.

Detailed responses will NOT bore me! I welcome all detailed responses with MUCH GRATITUDE!!! đź’ś :)

Thanks in advance,
lunascholar.

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, lunascholar!

From an elemental standpoint, the Devil is Earth and the QS is Air. Earth and Air are unfriendly elements. So in a relationship context, the Devil would be all "I'm so sexy. You want me, don't you?" And the QS would use her sharp tongue (and she will also use her sword if need be) to rebuff him.

The Devil might be able to win her over, but not with the tools he normally uses.

Rodney

Tinkerbel

From an elemental standpoint, the Devil is Earth and the QS is Air. Earth and Air are unfriendly elements. So in a relationship context, the Devil would be all "I'm so sexy. You want me, don't you?" And the QS would use her sharp tongue (and she will also use her sword if need be) to rebuff him.

The Devil might be able to win her over, but not with the tools he normally uses.

Rodney

Lol I actually imagined a voice with that quote :)
On topic though...my first instinct was that will be an interesting clash between the devil and the queen of swords! He'll probably be surprised he has to do more effort to be convincing to this lady...depends on how far the queen is willing to follow him

lunascholar

Rodney
Very interesting and hilarious, Rodney. He really does emit an 'I'm so sexy. You want me, don't you?,” vibe. Lol.

There is also a very strong magnetic pull that I feel whenever I am around him (which is why I try to avoid him now because the pull is very powerful). There are also days where I cannot stop thinking of him and I have never felt this way about anyone.

I am also beginning to realize that he’s adept at telepathy/dream telepathy (I'm an amateur so this stuff is all new to me). Whenever I attempt to rebuff him, my feelings for him will suddenly increase in intensity, I think of him a lot and then he will appear in my dreams, telling me to talk to him and not be shy. I’m greatly impressed, but also very wary of him. However, he’s very intriguing, charming, sexy and perceptive. *Sigh*

lunascholar

Lol I actually imagined a voice with that quote :)
On topic though...my first instinct was that will be an interesting clash between the devil and the queen of swords! He'll probably be surprised he has to do more effort to be convincing to this lady...depends on how far the queen is willing to follow him

Awwww lol.

The Devil: I'm use to getting what I want, when I want it.
Queen of Swords: Awwww. Not this time, buddy. <3 :)

lunascholar

Rodney

Hey Rodney,

Do you mind explaining what you mean by this, "The Devil might be able to win her over, but not with THE TOOLS HE NORMALLY USES". What tools?

rwcarter

Hey Rodney,

Do you mind explaining what you mean by this, "The Devil might be able to win her over, but not with THE TOOLS HE NORMALLY USES". What tools?
Charm, sex appeal, sexual magnetism, his "tool" ;), etc.

lunascholar

Charm, sex appeal, sexual magnetism, his "tool" ;), etc.

Oh okay. Hey, thanks a lot for taking the time to respond and share your knowledge.
Have a good night.

JackofWands

The first thing that comes to mind for me is the relationship between Katharina and Petruchio in The Taming of the Shrew (or, if you prefer, between Kat and Pat in 10 Things I Hate About You). To me, it seems like an unpleasant and combative relationship, and even the happily-ever-after at the end of the play feels tense and abusive. There is a possibility that this relationship would work, but personally the only way I can see this happening is if one of the parties "breaks" the other and fundamentally changes their partner's personality.*

My advice would be that it's probably a relationship to avoid. At first, it may be fun and flirtatious, but in the long run it seems to me like that would become wearisome and frustrating for everyone involved. The Queen of Swords is too detached and the Devil is too self-obsessed; neither of them is able to fully reach across and understand the other, and for that they can't make the allowances that are necessary for a functional long-term relationship.

But that's just my take on it.

*For this, I'm really referring to the play more than the movie. The movie was a very loose adaptation.

Sztar

Sounds like a great dynamic for a sexual relationship but probably not much beyond that. I resonate with the Queen of Swords myself, so I can see the appeal here--the Devil is a strong, charismatic personality who would seem to be a good match. The Queen of Swords is a dominant personality, too, but she's not necessarily looking to dominate or "own" another person whereas the Devil is looking for exactly that. The Queen is a strong personality seeking an equal mind, and the Devil is a strong personality seeking power over another person. A relationship that's anything beyond sexual and relatively casual would likely be miserable--for the Queen of Swords. As soon as the Devil gets what he wants--as soon as he "owns" you--he'll probably get bored and move on. Meanwhile you'll be bound to him already. It's a classic recipe for heartbreak. (That said, the sex would probably be great so not trying to be overly discouraging--just be careful.)