Hanged Man as first impression

werewolfmoon

Twelve card spread
Legacy of the Divine.

Ive just done a love spread for a female
friend and three of the cards confused me.

1. The Four of Swords as her future lover.
5. The Hanged Man as first impression of her.
7. The Heirophant (Faith) as feelings.

The Four - a quiet man, softly spoken but will stand his ground if needed.

The HM - she's passive and a soft touch???

The Heirophant - platonic and/or a mentor???

None of these scream romance to me, Im confused, any thoughts???

Amanda

The last time I got the Hanged Man as someone's impression/view on me, I found out that he had been holding back and suppressing sexual desires (because he was my boss and we worked together). It only became clear later once we no longer worked together and he made some advances.

werewolfmoon

That makes sense, holding back passively, wanting to make a move but not being able too.

Thanks!

baroness

Twelve card spread
Legacy of the Divine.

Ive just done a love spread for a female
friend and three of the cards confused me.

The Four - a quiet man, softly spoken but will stand his ground if needed.

The HM - she's passive and a soft touch???

The Heirophant - platonic and/or a mentor???

The HM always means to me "holding back" and uncertainty on what to do with those feelings.

The Heirophant? Sounds like there are expectations to uphold

4 of swords? A man who has gone through a lot of strife and is taking time to heal from it.

Grizabella

He's someone who is just biding his time right now. He's not one to jump into anything and certainly not someone who is a skirt chaser. He wants to do things the right way and may even be someone who won't want anything sexual till engaged or even married. A very traditional person. His first impression of her is that she fits his idea of someone who shares his values in that respect.

nisaba

Someone who needs healing - a damaged person. (Relationships with such types don't always end well.)

Holding back for more information before forming any judgements of her at all.

Feeling that doing the right thing is more important than pleasure.

Quite possibly the person in question might be a romantic focus for her, but she won't be for him. It happens.

lilac-dawn

Four swords, a quiet, soft spoken person..

Hanged Man, perhaps his first impression of her will be that he sees her suffering, so being the gentleman he will lend assistance.

Heirophant, the gentleman lending assistance.

Perhaps she "falls" for him.

Thunder

4 of swords - Quiet person who doesn't want a lot of attention and it's easy to miss him in a crowded place. Perhaps he would be very calm person he could be hurt but he would have accepted that "things are as they are, why cry about it". He searches for peace and calmness.

Hanged Man as first impression - this is a very passive card and this future lover woudln't make the first steps towards her nor she appears to make the first steps towards him. But the Hanged man leaves quite the impression. He would feel like he met her in a previous life and she is familiar but at the same time there is something mystical about her. This card signifies a very strong soul connection for me being associated with the planet of unconditional love - Neptune. He would feel like the owes her something and he must repay her. These relationships are hard and very transformative for the partners. They can be "piece of heaven on Earth" or "living hell" and it depends on how people handle them.

Hierophant as feelings - The person who feels the feelings wants to give the other structure, security and protection. He cares a lot about the other person but perhaps he woudln't be very expressive and it's won't be that type of person who tells their partner everyday that they love them, but when there is something going on with the life of the partner, this person will remain always there to support them.

werewolfmoon

He's someone who is just biding his time right now. He's not one to jump into anything and certainly not someone who is a skirt chaser. He wants to do things the right way and may even be someone who won't want anything sexual till engaged or even married. A very traditional person. His first impression of her is that she fits his idea of someone who shares his values in that respect.

This makes sense, she is quite traditional and would appreciate a guy like that, thanks.

werewolfmoon

4 of swords - Quiet person who doesn't want a lot of attention and it's easy to miss him in a crowded place. Perhaps he would be very calm person he could be hurt but he would have accepted that "things are as they are, why cry about it". He searches for peace and calmness.

Hanged Man as first impression - this is a very passive card and this future lover woudln't make the first steps towards her nor she appears to make the first steps towards him. But the Hanged man leaves quite the impression. He would feel like he met her in a previous life and she is familiar but at the same time there is something mystical about her. This card signifies a very strong soul connection for me being associated with the planet of unconditional love - Neptune. He would feel like the owes her something and he must repay her. These relationships are hard and very transformative for the partners. They can be "piece of heaven on Earth" or "living hell" and it depends on how people handle them.

Hierophant as feelings - The person who feels the feelings wants to give the other structure, security and protection. He cares a lot about the other person but perhaps he woudln't be very expressive and it's won't be that type of person who tells their partner everyday that they love them, but when there is something going on with the life of the partner, this person will remain always there to support them.

Hmm, interesting, he sounds great and horrid by turn.