Page of Cups as Potential for Profit?

Enlightenment23

Hello!

As part of a larger spread for a business idea, I asked, "How profitable is this business?" I got the Page of Cups.

This doesn't look particularly bad, but it doesn't seem good either. First and foremost, it's a page, which tells me that the money I will make from this business will not "mature"; it won't be stable.

Secondly, it's a cup. I would have liked to see a pentacle! I see this card as "Eh, it's a start, but don't expect some kind of financial windfall from this business. It won't be realistic."

What do you guys think?

Ace

You are being way too negative. Pages send out messages. I see it as Ask and see what the answer is. You are sending out messages of good and love (Cups) with what you have to sell. Now ask, what will I get back? And see the answer there. The trouble is the future is always in flux, so you may not know the answer right way, but you are sending out a good message (selling a good product or service.) So it looks very positive to me.

Pages show it isn't "mature" yet. So you may have to adjust your business as you go, but don't assume it is unstable, it is just in the learning stage.

barb

rwcarter

As part of a larger spread for a business idea, I asked, "How profitable is this business?" I got the Page of Cups.
Unless I'm missing something, your question is flawed, which may be why you got a card that seemingly doesn't make sense. A ledger sheet/bank statement will tell you how profitable a current business is. Since you're reading about a "business idea" the question should've been "How profitable will this business be?" Future tense versus present tense.

I think the PC is reflecting the fact that you have an emerging idea. So in answer to how profitable the business is, the tarot is reminding you that the business is only in idea form right now....

Rodney

Enlightenment23

You are being way too negative. Pages send out messages. I see it as Ask and see what the answer is. You are sending out messages of good and love (Cups) with what you have to sell. Now ask, what will I get back? And see the answer there. The trouble is the future is always in flux, so you may not know the answer right way, but you are sending out a good message (selling a good product or service.) So it looks very positive to me.

Pages show it isn't "mature" yet. So you may have to adjust your business as you go, but don't assume it is unstable, it is just in the learning stage.

barb

Well. That's interesting because the business idea that I have does -- indeed -- send out messages of good and love -- literally. :thumbsup: Good catch there. For now, I'll keep my lips zipped on what the business idea is. Don't want someone to snatch it =P

I agree, the page does show that it isn't mature yet. I'll have to wait and see how it all unfolds. Thanks!

Enlightenment23

Unless I'm missing something, your question is flawed, which may be why you got a card that seemingly doesn't make sense. A ledger sheet/bank statement will tell you how profitable a current business is. Since you're reading about a "business idea" the question should've been "How profitable will this business be?" Future tense versus present tense.

I think the PC is reflecting the fact that you have an emerging idea. So in answer to how profitable the business is, the tarot is reminding you that the business is only in idea form right now....

Rodney

Hello :)

Well we are going to have to agree to disagree on that one Rodney. I do not believe tarot gets pesky with grammar. In my humble opinion, I feel that tarot more tells us the answers that we mean to ask rather than saying, "Oh you said 'is' instead of 'will', huh? Welp, better give you the Page of Cups now because that tense assumes your idea is currently materialized." Nah, don't believe that.

On a second note, I do not agree the question is flawed. If I were to go up to a business advisor, I'd use the same tense, for example, "Is landscaping a profitable business?"

I do agree, though, that the Page of Cups is telling me that it is too early to tell though. The idea is still young. Only time will tell. =]

nisaba

A Cup provides a receptacle to "catch" money in - but being a Page, it is a little kiddy-cup, not a huge, Kingly cup. There'll be money. Not a lot, and it may trickle in slowly. You may also be tempted to spend it too quickly - the Page is still very much a learner.

Enlightenment23

A Cup provides a receptacle to "catch" money in - but being a Page, it is a little kiddy-cup, not a huge, Kingly cup. There'll be money. Not a lot, and it may trickle in slowly. You may also be tempted to spend it too quickly - the Page is still very much a learner.

Great insight there Nisaba! The Page of Cups seems receptive to catch some cash, but I mean, how much money can he really fit into that little cup anyway? The Page is certainly me here. Still learning the ropes -- I'm just hoping I can take this idea and make it work!

LeFou

Curiously, I get to Rodney's interpretation precisely, but by a different path.

Page of Cups is (let's say) emotionally interested or invested. Rank suggests the enthusiasm for beginning something. Cups suggests the interest or investment is at this stage "emotional," which seems innocent although could be (hypothetically) cautionary in some circumstances.

As Pages like to play, the energies can continue to play as well.

Enlightenment23

Curiously, I get to Rodney's interpretation precisely, but by a different path.

Page of Cups is (let's say) emotionally interested or invested. Rank suggests the enthusiasm for beginning something. Cups suggests the interest or investment is at this stage "emotional," which seems innocent although could be (hypothetically) cautionary in some circumstances.

As Pages like to play, the energies can continue to play as well.

Hello LeFou :)

Not sure I grasp your interpretation. I understand you're saying that the Page of Cups is someone who is emotionally invested in a project -- enthusiastically/excited for the start of something new. However, I'm not too sure how you're translating that into the answer to my question, which is asking about the potentiality for profit.

Hopefully you can elaborate =)

LeFou

As Rodney said earlier, "It's a start," raw potential. As an outside observer, it seems valid to me.

But you have raised a great question: (a) does Tarot answer according to my question? Or (b) does Tarot answer however it pleases?