Page of Cups as Potential for Profit?

Amanda

You say, How profitable is this business? so I will say, How profitable is a fish out of water?

Enlightenment23

As Rodney said earlier, "It's a start," raw potential. As an outside observer, it seems valid to me.

But you have raised a great question: (a) does Tarot answer according to my question? Or (b) does Tarot answer however it pleases?

Gotchya LeFou. I agree with you and Rodney. It's very young, it's new, it's a start. It makes total sense. Raw potential is a great term.

It is an interesting question isn't it? But hey, it's all up to the reader and their experiences with Tarot to determine the answer to that question =]. Personally, I've never seen Tarot to get finicky with past or present tenses hehe. I believe Tarot knows what you mean to ask.

Enlightenment23

You say, How profitable is this business? so I will say, How profitable is a fish out of water?

Hey! Good one!

Pretty unprofitable if you ask me. :laugh:

Grizabella

Hello :) ]

Well we are going to have to agree to disagree on that one Rodney. I do not believe tarot gets pesky with grammar. In my humble opinion, I feel that tarot more tells us the answers that we mean to ask rather than saying, "Oh you said 'is' instead of 'will', huh? Welp, better give you the Page of Cups now because that tense assumes your idea is currently materialized." Nah, don't believe that.

On a second note, I do not agree the question is flawed. If I were to go up to a business advisor, I'd use the same tense, for example, "Is landscaping a profitable business?"

If you had said "Is this kind of business profitable?" then the question you posed is as the example you gave about going to a business advisor. You didn't ask us that, though, so your questions to us is flawed because the way you posed the question for our input causes the assumption that this is a business that already exists. Considering that, how could we answer you with anything but a flawed answer?

Your reading for yourself might not quibble about grammar, but when asking us for help, we need something that's real specific about what you were asking the cards. And I do think it matters a lot what the question is from you.

The Page of Cups means conception of a child sometimes. Just as you don't see the result of that conception early on, you're not going to see the profit potential of one specific business just yet. That's what I feel the card is saying.

Which were you asking about? A business idea or a business that's in existence?

Enlightenment23

Hello Grizabella :)

Which were you asking about? A business idea or a business that's in existence?

Both. Let me give you an example. Landscaping as a business that already exists, no? There's nothing novel about it. But it is a business idea that I would, hypothetically speaking, like to pursue. So asking "Is landscaping is a profitable business?" is not "flawed" in my humble opinion. You're asking about the profit potentiality of a business idea that is already in existence.

In the same way, if I ask "How profitable is this business?" It's simply asking if the business itself is profitable.

But. To each their own. *Shrug*

Ace

As Rodney said earlier, "It's a start," raw potential. As an outside observer, it seems valid to me.

But you have raised a great question: (a) does Tarot answer according to my question? Or (b) does Tarot answer however it pleases?

I think Tarot answers what you asked--so be careful how you phrase the question. I think it answered THIS question very well: Enlightenment23 asked is this business [idea] profitable? it answered: seek and find out (Page of cups). So I think that is a good answer GIVEN THE QUESTION.

barb