5 of pents as feelings

Dartellus

Hi!

About one year ago i had the 5 of pents as feelings in a one reading about a possible relationship.

In the last week it came again, as feelings.

Looking to the card and what i feel when i look on it, i tend to see that person x feels that person y abandoned this person. Or, that the person x feels that person y wouldn't take care of her/him.

What you people think?

I tend to see it as not a good card for feelings, but i saw some people saying that this card could show, maybe, a couple that stays together in hard times.

What you people think?

Any ideas?

Thanks for the insights!

violetdaisy

Perhaps person x and person y both feel like they're out in the cold so to speak and looking for someone to make them feel safe and warm.

Enlightenment23

This card would only depict "a couple that stays together through the hard times" depending on what the question is. If the question was, "What is the best facet our relationship?" And the 5 of Pents popped up, I would agree with you.

If the question was, "What does my girlfriend like about me the most?" Then yes, I would, again, agree with you.

But for "What does X feel about me?" No. The 5 of pentacles shows someone who is feeling isolated, ignored, abandoned, unwanted. There is a lack of something that this person is experiencing about this person.

nisaba

I see it differently. If we are talking traditional RW design, I'd see it as feeling emotionally "out in the cold". And with the standard book-meaning of poverty coming into it: not enough money translates neatly to not enough attention, not enough love, not enough sex ...

This card came up in the relationship column of a woman I know only slightly (not a client, the reading was a freebie), and knowing nothing of her relationship, I tentatively broached the idea that she may adore her husband, but she wasn't getting enough sex. I was dead-on, she recommends me to everyone.

LeFou

In RWS, the minor 5's = "difficulties" of whatever sort. In the "journey" from Ace to 9, 5 is the midpoint, turning point, low point.

This particular card has so many facets. Financial, physical, seasonal, religious etc. And whether the difficulties separate the couple, or bring them closer together, surely varies with the reading.

You mention "abandonment." Hypothetically, sometimes when we feel someone abandoned -us-, it may be just as true that -we- abandoned something as well -- a dream, a career, a home, friends, family, connection, connectedness, whatever it may be.

Coins can hint at "payment," so maybe we are "feeling deprived" as a result of someone not "paying" us back for whatever sacrifice we made.

Dartellus

Perhaps person x and person y both feel like they're out in the cold so to speak and looking for someone to make them feel safe and warm.

Hi violetdaisy!

Humm, never thought about this possibility...very interesting.
That changes a lot a reading about feelings...so the other person is not any kind of relief in a hard time.

Thanks for the insight!

Dartellus

This card would only depict "a couple that stays together through the hard times" depending on what the question is. If the question was, "What is the best facet our relationship?" And the 5 of Pents popped up, I would agree with you.

If the question was, "What does my girlfriend like about me the most?" Then yes, I would, again, agree with you.

But for "What does X feel about me?" No. The 5 of pentacles shows someone who is feeling isolated, ignored, abandoned, unwanted. There is a lack of something that this person is experiencing about this person.

Hi Enlightenment23!

Great points you raised, it makes a lot of sense, for the meaning of "a couple that stays together".

Yeah, i look to the card and cannot think other think that feeling ignored and etc...i agree.

Great insight you wrote.

Dartellus

I see it differently. If we are talking traditional RW design, I'd see it as feeling emotionally "out in the cold". And with the standard book-meaning of poverty coming into it: not enough money translates neatly to not enough attention, not enough love, not enough sex ...

This card came up in the relationship column of a woman I know only slightly (not a client, the reading was a freebie), and knowing nothing of her relationship, I tentatively broached the idea that she may adore her husband, but she wasn't getting enough sex. I was dead-on, she recommends me to everyone.

Hi nisaba!

Humm, very interesting, different point of view, but great one.
So it means the relationship is...cold in some aspects.

I liked your view and the way you putted for the person.

Thanks for the help!

Dartellus

In RWS, the minor 5's = "difficulties" of whatever sort. In the "journey" from Ace to 9, 5 is the midpoint, turning point, low point.

This particular card has so many facets. Financial, physical, seasonal, religious etc. And whether the difficulties separate the couple, or bring them closer together, surely varies with the reading.

You mention "abandonment." Hypothetically, sometimes when we feel someone abandoned -us-, it may be just as true that -we- abandoned something as well -- a dream, a career, a home, friends, family, connection, connectedness, whatever it may be.

Coins can hint at "payment," so maybe we are "feeling deprived" as a result of someone not "paying" us back for whatever sacrifice we made.

Hi Lefou!

Yeah, that why i thought that this card is not a easy one to read...well, actually a lot of cards in tarot are not easy to read regarding some situations.
And, like you hinted, i don't even thought about the church in the back and what it means for both person on the cold or even in the meaning of the card.

But very interesting the connection that you made here, about feeling not re payed about something...i never heard this interpretation before, it made think a bit different way about this card.

Thanks a lot for the insight!