three of swords +eight of cups+ seven of swords

roseinthewinter12

This is month 3 of a larger 15 card 6 month reading.

How would you read the three of swords, eight of cups and seven of swords as the atmosphere of the month?

To me the three of swords represents heart break. Possibly a love triangle. the 8 of cups walking away from an emotional situation. And the seven of swords represents being sneaky and conniving. How would you interpret the 3 cards together. These cards were followed the 8 of wands and death for the next month. I guess what I am having trouble here is relating one card to the next.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi roseinthewinter12,

If you wish to discuss the two cards from the following month, you will need to provide your own interpretation of those cards before anyone else may help you by posting their interpretations. Folks are free to discuss the 3 cards in the title of this thread though.

rwcarter

As atmosphere (and not specific events) the three cards together indicate a month of uncertainty for you. The 3S could represent being overly emotional or feeling like something bad is on the horizon. The 8C could represent a desire to leave something/someone behind or to find something better than what you already have. And the 7S could represent a feeling that you're being deceived or that you need to come up with a new approach to something in your life.

roseinthewinter12

Oh no the following month I understand completely.

roseinthewinter12

Hi roseinthewinter12,

If you wish to discuss the two cards from the following month, you will need to provide your own interpretation of those cards before anyone else may help you by posting their interpretations. Folks are free to discuss the 3 cards in the title of this thread though.

Hi,

I wasn't trying to discuss the following month. The 8 of wands and death are straight forward. A swift end to a situation. I thought it might help others to understand the context of the other three cards better.

rwcarter

Hi,

I wasn't trying to discuss the following month. The 8 of wands and death are straight forward. A swift end to a situation. I thought it might help others to understand the context of the other three cards better.
Whether you understand the cards or not, if you mention them (even for context), then you have to provide your own interpretations for them.

roseinthewinter12

As atmosphere (and not specific events) the three cards together indicate a month of uncertainty for you. The 3S could represent being overly emotional or feeling like something bad is on the horizon. The 8C could represent a desire to leave something/someone behind or to find something better than what you already have. And the 7S could represent a feeling that you're being deceived or that you need to come up with a new approach to something in your life.

Ahh this is the mistake I have been making. Atmosphere is so ambiguous. So I've been looking at it as a specific event. I couldn't figure who what where when or why. I wasn't thinking of the 3 of swords as a feeling but more of an event. I am not sure if I am wording that correctly. For this specific reading the idea of wanting to leave makes sense so the 8 of cups seems accurate. Could the 7 of swords stand for infidelity?

This is a larger reading based on http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=236789. I am very worried after talking last night. He was at home drunk and alone. So I did a spread on the progression of the relationship. He isn't the type to get drunk. This sort of destructive behavior disturbs me

roseinthewinter12

Whether you understand the cards or not, if you mention them (even for context), then you have to provide your own interpretations for them.

Oh ok thank you. I will keep this in mind. I didn't know

rwcarter

The forum posting rules can be found here, which is at the top of the top of the list of threads in the forum.

rwcarter

Ahh this is the mistake I have been making. Atmosphere is so ambiguous.
I took atmosphere to mean the energies that will be prevalent during the month. Think of atmosphere as that which surrounds you and can't be seen, yet can still affect you.

So I've been looking at it as a specific event. I couldn't figure who what where when or why. I wasn't thinking of the 3 of swords as a feeling but more of an event. I am not sure if I am wording that correctly. For this specific reading the idea of wanting to leave makes sense so the 8 of cups seems accurate. Could the 7 of swords stand for infidelity?
Infidelity often involves deception, so I can see that meaning for the 7S.

This is a larger reading based on http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=236789. I am very worried after talking last night. He was at home drunk and alone. So I did a spread on the progression of the relationship. He isn't the type to get drunk. This sort of destructive behavior disturbs me
But the partial reading we're discussing is from his perspective. So with the additional info from above and from the other thread, the 3S could reflect worry that his heart will be broken again, the 8C could reflect thinking about walking away for good and the 7S could reflect a fear that she's being unfaithful again. As I originally said, all three cards suggest that 3 months out, he will have a lot of uncertainty about the relationship. He may already have that uncertainty based on his behavior, but that could just mean that 3 months from now, all those uncertainties come to a head. Time will tell.

Rodney