Knight of Cups as feelings

Jennalyn

I'm sorry if the answer seems obvious (being the knight and being the romantic knight moreover) but I wondered if there were any other interpretations for the Knight of Cups other than that he may be falling in love with you or has a crush on you from afar. I have searched through the forum for Knight of Cups as feelings and it mainly comes up with explanations pertaining to romantic, lovey-dovey feelings or admiring from a distance; is this always the case? I am repeatedly getting this card as someone's feelings for me, and while I feel he is attracted to me, he certainly doesn't act anywhere near as strong as KoC - and actually seems to go out of his way to avoid me. Is there any other explanation for this knight other than romantic feelings when it comes to a man's feelings for a woman?

rwcarter

He could have a crush on you but be too shy to show those feelings to you.

Only non-romantic thing I can think of is that he's in the creative arts and might want to use you as his muse, but again is having trouble actually asking you.

Jennalyn

Thank you for your response, Rodney!

I can see the shyness aspect if this is a crush (other cards I've previously got representing his feelings have been Page of Cups and 2 of Cups for example) as I am a bit older than him and our relationship seems to be very much "I'm the older person, you're the younger person" if that makes sense; it all just seems very confusing when the way he actually behaves towards me seems like he isn't bothered about me either way - in total conflict with what the cards say.

That's interesting about the creative arts; I don't think he's actually into them, but I am, and maybe he's thinking of starting something up? I'll make a note of this interpretation for non-romantic feelings. Thanks again!

DreamLotus11

I'm sorry if the answer seems obvious (being the knight and being the romantic knight moreover) but I wondered if there were any other interpretations for the Knight of Cups other than that he may be falling in love with you or has a crush on you from afar. I have searched through the forum for Knight of Cups as feelings and it mainly comes up with explanations pertaining to romantic, lovey-dovey feelings or admiring from a distance; is this always the case? I am repeatedly getting this card as someone's feelings for me, and while I feel he is attracted to me, he certainly doesn't act anywhere near as strong as KoC - and actually seems to go out of his way to avoid me. Is there any other explanation for this knight other than romantic feelings when it comes to a man's feelings for a woman?

To me, knight of cups people are idealists. Open hearted for the opportunity, but maybe just not ready to go full steam ahead just yet. They also wait for the other person to initiate contact more. So they are like, 'here, I have this for you, I'm willing, but you have to come and get it or meet me half way' type of thing. At least that's my take on it. They can be washy washy though.

the world is saved

The Knight of Cups can be about taking pleasure in imagining something that seems somewhat out of reach, or perhaps in the future. Possibly, being younger than you, he feels he might not be able to actually 'attain' you, but he's enjoying the idea of it at the moment. The Page of Cups, which can sometimes represent feelings that are just opening up, and the 2 Cups which indicates the beginning stages of an attraction, could be amplifying this aspect of the Knight.

nisaba

All the Knights are on quests, they are all seekers.

The Knight Cups seeks through the heart. They are emotionally hungry. They are also easily discouraged.

Jennalyn

To me, knight of cups people are idealists. Open hearted for the opportunity, but maybe just not ready to go full steam ahead just yet. They also wait for the other person to initiate contact more. So they are like, 'here, I have this for you, I'm willing, but you have to come and get it or meet me half way' type of thing. At least that's my take on it. They can be washy washy though.

Thanks for your input DreamLotus! So they hover somewhere in the middle, in between dreams and reality sort of thing.

The Knight of Cups can be about taking pleasure in imagining something that seems somewhat out of reach, or perhaps in the future. Possibly, being younger than you, he feels he might not be able to actually 'attain' you, but he's enjoying the idea of it at the moment. The Page of Cups, which can sometimes represent feelings that are just opening up, and the 2 Cups which indicates the beginning stages of an attraction, could be amplifying this aspect of the Knight.

Hmm I see, thank you the world is saved! I did find the Page of Cups and 2 of Cups eye-popping when they came out and also felt like they were amplifying the knight; and looking from afar ties in with his dreamy state.. so then I guess it would be safe to conclude this is a hidden 'fantasy' of sorts.

All the Knights are on quests, they are all seekers.

The Knight Cups seeks through the heart. They are emotionally hungry. They are also easily discouraged.

Thanks Nisaba! As a feeling then, I assume there's also an aspect of the person 'figuring out' what exactly he feels, being that he is seeking. From this description, the knight strikes me as insecure; and I suppose this is why his dream might not reach fruition and he would rather keep it in his head than risk losing it altogether?

Laurelle

It could be indicating that he is the knight of cup type of person. He's always in love with being in love. He's the dreamer....He'd rather DREAM about you being the perfect love than actually act it out and take the responsibility...

Jennalyn

It could be indicating that he is the knight of cup type of person.....

I personally find the knight of cup annoying.....he can be the "love them and leave me" type. He's goes from person to person. He's always in love with being in love. He's the dreamer....He'd rather DREAM about you being the perfect love than actually act it out and take the responsibility...

Hi Laurelle, thanks for your input, I can see how this would make sense! Got the Knight of Cups - again! And I was convinced I wouldn't, but out he came again. The KoC is following me around with this person, I guess the biggest question is if it actually has anything to do with me! I can definitely see the whole dreaming aspect as opposed to reality though.