8 of Swords is confussing me

g2014

Good evening, the 8 of swords in the possition of "where A thinks the relationship is going?" is throwing me off a little bit. I have always understood this card as feeling powerless and even to some extent victimized.
So I would interpret it as A thinks this relationship is going to tie him up? Limit his freedom?. Or is just that he thinks he has no power in controlling the relationship's future?

But these meanings doesn't add up to the current situation, since A is the one with the control and the upper hand in the relationship. He is even the one with the money!. He even sees person B as "The Fool".

I think I need a little insight with this card, maybe it has other meanings..

DreamLotus11

Good evening, the 8 of swords in the possition of "where A thinks the relationship is going?" is throwing me off a little bit. I have always understood this card as feeling powerless and even to some extent victimized.
So I would interpret it as A thinks this relationship is going to tie him up? Limit his freedom?. Or is just that he thinks he has no power in controlling the relationship's future?

But these meanings doesn't add up to the current situation, since A is the one with the control and the upper hand in the relationship. He is even the one with the money!. He even sees person B as "The Fool".

I think I need a little insight with this card, maybe it has other meanings..

Where A thinks the relationship is going...8 of swords...nowhere. It's stuck...it's dead for right now... i always get the word 'Frozen' with this card.

I'll clarify too...it's like that game in Hearthstone where you freeze a character so they can't move or do anything...eight of swords is like that. Just wait until they get unfrozen then they may or may not make a move on something.

LeFou

"where A thinks the relationship is going?"

Maybe simply: he is not "thinking" at all. Or at least, he's not thinking about "where the relationship is going." The question may presume too much. Just guessing of course.

Whitewitch10

If he sees the other person as the fool then maybe he sees them as just a bit of fun. Someone he can have a fling with whenever he feels like it.
8 of swords..... hes not thinking of getting into a rship at all. He doesnt seem to want a rship, they seem to scare him

Ace

8 of swords is sticking to the RULES. They may be just in A's head, but he is saying we must stick them. So A must think that B is falling into line just fine with him, and is satisfied with the relationship...for now. Maybe he likes B because he needs a little spontaneity but I worry that A is a control freak.

barb

PAMUYA

I thought your feelings on this card was correct.

The Eight of Swords is very much a thinking card. "A" thinks that this relationship is stuck, not going forward, "A" might also be thinking that this relationship is holding them back, not having choices, feeling trapped. It may not be what is actually happening, but it is a reality to them in their mind.