New Conver - Marseilles deck

Richard

Is anyone using the Meunier?

At first, my cards were a little sticky: For example, if I tried to fan them, they would tend to clump. Maybe the printing had not had time to cure properly, because now there is no problem at all.

This may be the most sophisticated Conver restoration in existence.

Emily

Is anyone using the Meunier?

At first, my cards were a little sticky: For example, if I tried to fan them, they would tend to clump. Maybe the printing had not had time to cure properly, because now there is no problem at all.

This may be the most sophisticated Conver restoration in existence.

Have you had any problems with the cardstock, other than the stickiness? I've just wrote in one of the other Meunier threads about a deck I ordered and am having to send back because of torn and bent cards. I really like the colouring of the deck but am reluctant to order it again if I end up with another problem deck.

Richard

Have you had any problems with the cardstock, other than the stickiness? I've just wrote in one of the other Meunier threads about a deck I ordered and am having to send back because of torn and bent cards. I really like the colouring of the deck but am reluctant to order it again if I end up with another problem deck.
The stickiness is back! I'll have to do the powder treatment again. However, I've not had any other problems. The cards lay perfectly flat.

Emily

I have reordered. I'm hoping that the Quality Control Dept were having a bad day that day and I got a rogue deck.

If it had just been a couple of cards then I would have been emailing the publishers for replacement cards but there was just too much wrong with it.

Emily

Well my replacement deck came - I still think they should be more on the ball with their quality control, the corner cutting leaves a lot to be desired but the deck is so pretty and vibrant that I'm keeping this one.

This deck isn't as sticky as the first one was, I didn't have to, carefully, prise the cards apart. Also it is a large deck - it feels good to shuffle. I'm glad I reordered.

conversus

I agree that the corners are disappointing, especially considering the cost. But, as you say, the colors are charming.

Perhaps there will be a second [better] printing.