Reversed Cards?!

Sweetwings

Hello All! I'm new here, and I'm new to the whole Oracle/Tarot thing too, but have always been interested, I love faeries so when I saw this deck I had to have it. I have a question tho....how do you get reversed cards?? It says in the book you can get readings with say one card upside down and 2 that are not..I was just wondering how that is possible if your supposed to turn the cards over the same way each time (side to side or bottom up..)

Please help? Any other advice for a beginner would be appreciateed as well! Thanks!

Milfoil

Depends how you shuffle the cards and if you want reversals.

I like to shuffle mine by laying them on the floor or table and 'swooshing' them around with my hands in all directions which gives you cards both ways up when you pick them.

Does that help?

Sweetwings

that helps thanks

FaeryGodmother

I don't actually physically reverse any of my cards, but I do read the reversed meaning if it seems appropriate. Sometimes its just a feeling I get or if the card turns up in a 'negative' position, like "what is blocking me?" But thats just the way I read. When it comes to reversals for yourself, probably the best thing to do is try it both ways then stick with what works for you.

good luck.:)
FGM

SunChariot

Sweetwings said:
Hello All! I'm new here, and I'm new to the whole Oracle/Tarot thing too, but have always been interested, I love faeries so when I saw this deck I had to have it. I have a question tho....how do you get reversed cards?? It says in the book you can get readings with say one card upside down and 2 that are not..I was just wondering how that is possible if your supposed to turn the cards over the same way each time (side to side or bottom up..)

Please help? Any other advice for a beginner would be appreciateed as well! Thanks!

If you want to use reversed cards in your reading, you have to physically reverse some of them before you shuffle. Some people take half the deck (or whatever percentage feels right to you) and turn them upside down, and add them on top of the other half that is still right side up and then shuffle a few times.

My way is a bit more complicated, but here is the way I shuffle in case you find it useful:

"Cowie Push/Put Method
In Tarot for Successful Living, Norma Cowie describes her push/put shuffling method. Her technique thoroughly mixes the cards with maximum hand contact and little or no damage. Hold the deck face down in your dominant hand. Push some cards from the top with your thumb into the other hand. Then, push again, but this time to the bottom of the new pile. Continue alternating a push to the top, then one to the bottom until all the cards have been transferred. At this point, put the entire deck back into your dominant hand and start over. This method can be difficult at first. You may push too many or drop some, but your technique will improve with practice."

So when I want to use reversals, I turn every 2 of 3 of the piles upside down as I go. Maybe not the easiest method, but it does work for me. LOL

Bar

Sweetwings

Thanks everyone, that helps alot!!