Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

Jyscal

Well...its been an interesting few weeks, with my main regret not being able to spend time with my cards, but thankfully that's behind me and i've started in a new job where i can spend time with them to my hearts content. I would really like to be able to rejoin the IDS and pick up where i left off using the same deck as there is still so much left to learn and only plan to start with a new one in the next few months. But it feels really great to be back on the path which i have missed so much.

rwcarter

Jyscal,

Welcome back (although I didn't realize you were actually gone ;)). If it's not too personal a question, what kind of job allows you to spend time with your cards to your heart's content? I'd like that kind of job! :D

Rodney

Jyscal

Thanks Rodney! Well...a friend of mine started his own security company, and offered me a job as a Supervisor because i have managerial experience from other work. Basically on a 12 hour shift i'll inspect the site for an hour when i get to work, then sit in the office until lunch practicing reading and learning. Inspect for an hour again, then relax with the cards again till i go home so im basically being paid to learn Tarot. It's not for everyone, but im really enjoying it!

rwcarter

Jyscal said:
so im basically being paid to learn Tarot. It's not for everyone, but im really enjoying it!
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm being overcome by the green-eyed monster (an American euphemism for I'm jealous).... Sweet gig. But now you have no excuses for not completing your IDS.... })

Rodney

Simsy

Update on simsy's RWS adventure

Hi all

just a bit of an update on my IDS with the rider waite deck. i am doing a lot of the reading circles here on AT which have helped me no end in developing my tarot skills, also i am starting up my readings threads again in the reading exchange forums which has helped also.

I find it much easier to understand the tarot if i read for someone else as it teaches me the various meanings i give to them intuitively for each suitation and/or question.
It also helps if you get stuck in with readings as you grasp it more fully like i said for various suitations that can arise

Although having said that i will get back to reading for my self soon its just i have been busy with real life issues hence why i havent read for myself yet
so all things considering i am grasping the RWS quite well considering i read them very intuitively and don't really use the book meanings as much.

Simsy

Emily

I haven't been doing much work with any decks but I feel I'm really out of the tarot loop, I tried Lenormands and it didn't work, I've tried other tarot decks (can't really find one that I want to spend a lot of time with) but this morning I've been using the Liber T again and I've really missed this deck.

I'm fed up of up trying to fix something that isn't broken, I've tried to get interested in other decks and its not happening. So I'm back on my voyage of discovery with the Liber T again. :)

rwcarter

Emily,

"/Lenormands" have been removed from beside "LiberT"....

Sounds like you've found "The One" for you. Don't know if there's a "The One" for me....

Rodney

nicky

Rodney,

We had our presentation by the Fifth Tarot creators, and they were as lovely as is their deck. I am still Thothing away, but will definitely spend some time working with this deck once I am done. (If ever LOL).

Nicky

rwcarter

Thanks for that info nicky. Keep Thothing away at your IDS. :D

I'll PM you some questions so that we don't go off-topic.

Rodney

2_Journey

So I think I may have decided on my next IDS

I'm still fleshing out my new plan, but here's what I did to choose my next deck:

I laid out all of the decks I was considering on my desk in my bedroom. Then I let them stay there for a little while, and as I walked by it I would notice which decks called to me more than the others. I put one deck away that didn't call to me too much right now, and then another, and then two more, and then a few more. I think the entire process took about a week.

Today I eliminated the last deck, leaving one still standing. It is.....the Spanish Tarot. WHAT?! A Marseille!?! :bugeyed:

This sort of feels like a continuation of my IDS with the Four Elements, as that deck has nonscenic minors. I've always wanted to study the TdM, and this summer's theme seems to be stripping away all that I don't need, from my life, my posessions, my spiritual practice, everything. It seems to be about distilling everything to just what i need. So I will try stripping away all that imagery from tarot and seeing how that fits in with my life right now.

I will be combining the Spanish with various oracles, as a study without any scenic imagery at all sounds too stark for me just starting out. And I'm just starting to get "into" oracles now, so I wouldn't want to put them all away just when I'm beginning to enjoy them. In other words, I will be using the Spanish and an oracle, but the oracle I use is subject to change day-to-day.

I use tarot and oracles for such different purposes within my life that I don't think including an oracle with my TdM study will change the intensity of the my time with the Spanish at all.

Okay, that's all for now. Off to go type up blackroseivy's TdM reading, which is the reading that convinced me to give a Marseille a closer look.

Cheers!

2_J