Death card in first date.

Marandana

Hello everybody, tomorrow I have a first date with some guy I met online, as I wanted to know what to expect, of course I asked the cards about it. It surprised me that the death card appeared as the negative thing of the situation, of course it shocked me at first, I know the card means "change" "transformation" "endings" but I just don't get what it's trying to tell me, how could it end if it hasn't even started yet? Any other insight? The rest of the cards were positive, tho.

Sharla

This card as the negative thing, could be in regards to sex....as the death card is ruled by scorpio and scorpio can also mean things to do with sexual energy.....then it could mean he will only want something sexual with you.

Obviously this would depend on the rest of the cards in the reading....so it may have been better for you to post all the cards in the "your readings" section.

crystalrose

Maybe it won't go past the first date, lack of chemistry, or he won't show up. Other ideas I have are it would be boring or he won't talk much.

Grizabella

Wow. What a card for a negative about the date, huh?

On the light side, it could mean that you'll not see him again. "Le petite morte" or "little death" is sometimes used to describe sex. Maybe it will be a case where he just wants sex and you won't want to see him again.

On the other hand, on the negative side of the card, this could indicate a warning that he might have very shady intentions and could be dangerous. If I were you, I'd arrange to meet him in a very public place and then keep the whole date public.

Marandana

Thank you all for your insights. Well, it seems like it's not something nice, I actually have a little feeling inside of me telling that it won't go past the first date :( but we're actually really excited about the meeting, I'm nervous, tho.
I also thought he could be dangerous, but the devil card would indicate that, or not?
The result card was the judgment which is also plutonian-scorpio. I'll post it later in readings.

Inana

Maybe it won't go past the first date, lack of chemistry, or he won't show up. Other ideas I have are it would be boring or he won't talk much.

I agree will Crystalrose and the lack of chemistry. Death is a sterile card, it's about endings, not beginings. So for the a first date negative aspect, I think it's saying "things can go as far as here..." It even could indicate a cancelled date.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, Marandana!

Please take a moment to read the UTC Posting Rules, especially the part about feedback.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Marandana

I agree will Crystalrose and the lack of chemistry. Death is a sterile card, it's about endings, not beginings. So for the a first date negative aspect, I think it's saying "things can go as far as here..." It even could indicate a cancelled date.

Actually, you right. He's trying to cancel me now.

nisaba

Hello everybody, tomorrow I have a first date with some guy I met online, as I wanted to know what to expect, of course I asked the cards about it. It surprised me that the death card appeared as the negative thing of the situation, of course it shocked me at first, I know the card means "change" "transformation" "endings" but I just don't get what it's trying to tell me, how could it end if it hasn't even started yet? Any other insight? The rest of the cards were positive, tho.

It could well indicate that this is a good date to wriggle out of.

If you are *sure* things are so positive, it probably means you need to get rid of anyone else in your life for once and for all - either hankering after an ex or wanting to kill an ex is not the most charming characteristic to display to a potential new mate.