What is Strength trying to tell me?

Grizabella

This is just some food for thought. It may or may not apply, but these cards could mean other things than positive ones so I always just post to give other possibilities for people who are still learning. :)

Strength as what he wants from you is that he wants you to be strong without him. He wants you to control your desires to continue on the same level you once were together.

The three clarifier cards to clarify the Strength card, if you use the hypothesis that these cards say the same thing as Strength only different, in my opinion would be saying he wants you to distance yourself from what used to be (Star). Also, that he might be feeling the heat, so to speak, by keeping in touch with you (Sun), and the 10 of Cups can mean the ending of emotional ties. He has a rather guilty conscience, even if it's not warranted, but he really would rather not always be reminded of what used to be.

You didn't mention the deck or whether you use reversals. If you don't use actual reversed cards, then in time you'll learn how to figure out an upright card that really needs to be read as reversed in a spread. You can used named positions and allow for reversed meanings that way, or you may use elemental dignities (I don't) or else you'll just sense they need to mean the reverse of the upright.

Ruledbythemoon

This is just some food for thought. It may or may not apply, but these cards could mean other things than positive ones so I always just post to give other possibilities for people who are still learning. :)

Strength as what he wants from you is that he wants you to be strong without him. He wants you to control your desires to continue on the same level you once were together.

The three clarifier cards to clarify the Strength card, if you use the hypothesis that these cards say the same thing as Strength only different, in my opinion would be saying he wants you to distance yourself from what used to be (Star). Also, that he might be feeling the heat, so to speak, by keeping in touch with you (Sun), and the 10 of Cups can mean the ending of emotional ties. He has a rather guilty conscience, even if it's not warranted, but he really would rather not always be reminded of what used to be.

You didn't mention the deck or whether you use reversals. If you don't use actual reversed cards, then in time you'll learn how to figure out an upright card that really needs to be read as reversed in a spread. You can used named positions and allow for reversed meanings that way, or you may use elemental dignities (I don't) or else you'll just sense they need to mean the reverse of the upright.

Thanks Grizabella. I use the RWS deck and do not use reversals yet as I am very new to this. I definitely can see this side of things too and probably is more likely but he has been the one to initiate contact the past few times so maybe he's confused about what he wants? I'm having a hard time reading tarot and figuring out exactly what it's telling me. I guess it'll come with practice!