High Priestess = Romantic Feelings?

littlestar

piledrivefinger said:
I did a spread for fun on what my next significant other will be like, and for the position "My overall feelings toward him during the relationship," I got the High Priestess. I've been pondering about this for awhile now, and felt that maybe the High Priestess in this instance could mean that my feelings prompt me to do some serious soul searching re: relationships and him, that I'll gain inner wisdom from being with him. I know that doesn't quite relate to my feelings *about him*, but I'm having troubling relating it. Help?

You may feel as though you cant allow your true feelings for him to show and feel the need to keep the feelings under wraps to some extent.

piledrivefinger

littlestar said:
You may feel as though you cant allow your true feelings for him to show and feel the need to keep the feelings under wraps to some extent.

That's also a good point. I can see me being a little exuberant, since I felt positively about the other cards. :)

SekhemNefer

Hidden romantic feelings. Or feels like they want to keep you a secret or hid something about themselves from you that could possibly (in their mind) make the relationship among the two people worst, or less loving.

SweetSiren

Really old thread- but I always prefer doing this to creating s new thread!

The high Priestess is always tricky, but in a position like this- it's interesting.
When I see this card- I always think of the way the film 300 depicted the oracle. I think it's a good dramatization that captures just how someone like this was held in that culture.
Kneeling beside her- they felt awe, they felt fear. This is why I liked 300s depiction so well- in the film they captured the fear and awe she inspired perfectly. The fear led them to do ugly things to her- the awe led the most ravenous of men to show respect they never did otherwise. Her strange ways brought out different parts in each individual- and she just simply gazed on because her mind was on other things- the very things that inspired such an array of reactions.

So- a high priestess has her mind on other things- but when asked about feelings- fear and awe is what comes to mind. Whether she feels them or not I'm not sure really matters- those are simply the emotions that come attached with this card for me. Profoundly intrigued is a great way of summing this up.

So the question really is- how do we discern what is what? Is the person beyond emotions such as the Priestess, gazing upon the people with peculiarity- or is this person experiencing the emotions that the presence of her brings?

Personally- this card is interesting in my particular situation. I asked this question, got this card, and upon thinking about it- this person has always had very strong reactions towards me. I've received a very passionate response, and a very fearful response in regards to my presence. When I see the way he treats others- I know how he treats me is very different than his usual. There is obviously something about me that is quite unsettling for him. But does the card say what exactly? I think the only thing that can be said is that I strike a deep chord with him, that I affect him. Just as the moon affects us.

I think hidden romantic feelings is a great way of perceiving this card. Perhaps he tells himself he doesn't want to be attracted to me, that I don't fit his ego constructed type- but he is regardless.

Laurelle

Sometimes the HP (moon too) can indicate "unknown." It may just be telling you that the answer to your feelings are not "known" to you at this time. Maybe that's why it's fuzzy to you.