Best Online Tarot Courses?

Madrigal

There seems to be a lot of opportunity out there to study Tarot in a structured way with an online course. Some of the schools I've looked at have been The Academy of Tarot, The Tarot School, Tarot Association and then there's the free Learn Tarot which I've availed myself of from time to time not as a course but for researching various cards.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these online programs? Yay or nay? I'm doing my own systematic exploration but I thought it might be helpful to have an outside container from time to time.

nicky

Best way to learn tarot is to do it yourself - seriously ... buy 78 degrees of wisdom or whatever resonates with you - there are quite a few book recommendations here in the forum. Nothing wrong with classes but really its like reading a drivers manual- you really need to get into the car and drive ...

oh and dont hand over your hard earned cash to people professing the one true way

Madrigal

Thanks, Nicky. I am doing my own study using a number of different books, including the one you mentioned, and online sources and setting aside time each day for study. And this has been and is great but I find myself, uncharacteristically, wanting something with a little more structure. Or perhaps I want a little more dialogue so it's not just me and the cards, which has its place but which I feel needs tempering or expanding from time to time with outside input. Or a mentor. Or someone to provide a bit of a container. Something like that. Perhaps this is unrealistic though.

3ill.yazi

If I had the dime, I'd be doing Dusty White's course, bar none.

December_Empress

If I had the dime, I'd be doing Dusty White's course, bar none.

Dusty is actually about to roll out a comprehensive online course for $5/week (paid monthly I believe). You should find it if you Google him. I have the info somewhere, just not at my fingertips at the moment.

astrofeather

I'm very hesitant to pay for anything tarot-related unless I heard overwhelmingly positive reviews about it, or if it was really inexpensive. It's something that you can work on yourself as you develop your style and your own connections to your cards, well, for me at least. There are so many blogs and websites with free interpretations of things that you can get either the same or similar knowledge from. One of my favorites is Little Red Tarot. She also has a ton of really awesome links/resources that she posts.

staticfuzz

I'm very hesitant to pay for anything tarot-related unless I heard overwhelmingly positive reviews about it, or if it was really inexpensive. ... There are so many blogs and websites with free interpretations of things that you can get either the same or similar knowledge from. One of my favorites is Little Red Tarot. She also has a ton of really awesome links/resources that she posts.

Same here. There's just so much high quality stuff out there for free. I would definitely be willing to pay for a good class if I knew it was going to be good, but there are so many perspectives and a lot of things I already know that it would have to be a perfect fit for me, and good luck finding that stuff out ahead of payment! For $451 (300 GBP for that Academy of Tarot one) or $200 (for the Tarot School one), it would basically need to guarantee that it's going to be life-changing. You could buy a lot of good books with that kind of money.

I really like Little Red Tarot too :)

AJ

I don't know where you are but tarot symposiums are another great way to learn, with out a massive time commitment.