marriage

ritual

what is the favorite spread of seeing possibility of marriage and what is the card to look for ?

Mine is taking one cards each for short periods say 3 months, then 6 months, 9 months and then next one year. This covers two and a half years. And the card I look for is 3 of cups.

wanted others readers ideas on this.

thanks

regards
~ritual

danieljuk

Hi Ritual. I love your idea about the timings. I might give this a go :)
Why do you associate 3 of Cups with marriage? Everyone has a different card but wondered what is your marriage association with it? For me it's the 4 of Wands but I have had the Hierophant come up in a reading for marriage for a friend (it doesn't always mean marriage as a card though).

Grizabella

For me, it's not single cards that carry the meaning, it's usually more than one so I see things in specific groups. Like 2 of Cups, Lovers and the Heirophant would be one combination that would speak of marriage to me. Throw in the Page of Cups, Empress and Sun and I'd be seeing something indicating that children were going to be coming along soon. Or that possibly one was already on the way. And 4 of Wands is another that might occur in combination with the others. But usually it's the combinations that will tell the tale for me rather than only one card.

I think once you learn the cards that can indicate a certain outcome, then you'll also be able to pick up the groupings of cards in a spread that can mean a certain outcome. Just be aware that no one card always means any one thing. :) For instance, in a reading for a woman expecting a child, seeing the Hierophant and 4 of Wands in the same spread, especially right next to each other, could mean a baby shower is going to come up. These two cards speak of traditional things and a celebration. See what I mean? If the 3 of Cups and Judgment are there, then a surprise baby shower thrown secretly by the woman's friends might be indicated. (Speaking of that, why don't people give the expectant dads a baby shower of their own? I think they should.)

ritual

Hi Ritual. I love your idea about the timings. I might give this a go :)
Why do you associate 3 of Cups with marriage? Everyone has a different card but wondered what is your marriage association with it? For me it's the 4 of Wands but I have had the Hierophant come up in a reading for marriage for a friend (it doesn't always mean marriage as a card though).

3 of cups is celebrations. Yes everyone has a different card and that my reason to compare notes. Hierophant I use as already married while doing relationship reading but will surely keep in mind.

4 of wands is the next step for me which comes after marriage. More of foundations and roots for me. But yes I shall keep this one also in mind for future readings.

Thanks

ritual

For me, it's not single cards that carry the meaning, it's usually more than one so I see things in specific groups. Like 2 of Cups, Lovers and the Heirophant would be one combination that would speak of marriage to me. Throw in the Page of Cups, Empress and Sun and I'd be seeing something indicating that children were going to be coming along soon. Or that possibly one was already on the way. And 4 of Wands is another that might occur in combination with the others. But usually it's the combinations that will tell the tale for me rather than only one card.

I think once you learn the cards that can indicate a certain outcome, then you'll also be able to pick up the groupings of cards in a spread that can mean a certain outcome. Just be aware that no one card always means any one thing. :) For instance, in a reading for a woman expecting a child, seeing the Hierophant and 4 of Wands in the same spread, especially right next to each other, could mean a baby shower is going to come up. These two cards speak of traditional things and a celebration. See what I mean? If the 3 of Cups and Judgment are there, then a surprise baby shower thrown secretly by the woman's friends might be indicated. (Speaking of that, why don't people give the expectant dads a baby shower of their own? I think they should.)

I was not doing a general reading to pick up group card indication. This I use when most of my friends want to see when a possible marriage of their children take place. That is why.

hmmmm and wonder why you felt that I am yet to learn the meanings of certain group of cards ?

Girl Archer

I was not doing a general reading to pick up group card indication. This I use when most of my friends want to see when a possible marriage of their children take place. That is why.

hmmmm and wonder why you felt that I am yet to learn the meanings of certain group of cards ?

Hi there! it also depends on the deck you are using sometimes. Like for example 3 of cups in zombie Tarot and Lovers in wheel of the year tarot very clearly show marriage :)

werewolfmoon

The Heirophant and the Lovers with the two of cups, it screams romance and marriage to me. The Witches tarot two of cups shows a man and a woman sharing a cup with bindings on their wrists, it's a beautiful card.

Reverie

3 of cups isn't the card I look for when the querent is wanting love and romance.

If this card comes up, querent will be in for some frustrations!!!

I'd say, like everyone else, the Lovers card is the ultimate card I look for.

Mystica7

I personally wouldn't associate any one card with marriage. Yes, grouping of the cards may tell you something, the *energy* surrounding the issue, but the outcome (manifestation) really depends on many other factors including your interpretation.

That said, I would look for 2 of cups if I was asking whether a marriage will take place or not.

I don't wanna freak you out, but I've seen 2 of cups appearing in relation to a loved one's reading (involving us), but he actually married someone else. So yes, a marriage took place, but it wasn't ours and it had something to do with *me* as the querent. Grouping of the cards was adressing the issue (as it actually is -for me to find out soon-), but back then I simply couldn't/didn't interpret it as such.

I recommend that you be careful if the querent has a *specific* person in mind when asking about marriage rather than just trying to find out if he/she will get married and when.

ritual

thank you all for the replies and insights.

regards
Ritual