9 Pentacles

mysticangel_001

Does the 9 of Pentacles HAVE to mean being alone? That seems to be the main focus. What other things could be focused on, besides being alone, as the meaning of this card?

rwcarter

Self-contentment, gardening, being outdoors, outdoor pursuits, living comfortably, and solitary pursuits all come to mind.

Rodney

LeFou

Saving money to buy a house with a nice backyard.

danieljuk

I see it as being independent but that doesn't mean being alone! you can have your own security and happiness and be in a relationship or married. Being happy and confident in yourself and being self sufficient is really great in a relationship :)

mysticangel_001

Self-contentment, gardening, being outdoors, outdoor pursuits, living comfortably, and solitary pursuits all come to mind.

Rodney

Mmmmmmmmmmm...gardening! *sighs a deep sigh of contentment*

Saving money to buy a house with a nice backyard.

Oh, I like that, too!

mysticangel_001

I see it as being independent but that doesn't mean being alone! you can have your own security and happiness and be in a relationship or married. Being happy and confident in yourself and being self sufficient is really great in a relationship :)

That makes sense. It just seemed like when I would see interpretations of that card they usually talked about being alone/single, which I always felt was sad. Not that being alone and happy is sad, just that there had to be more to it than that.

Haley

I don't see this card as being alone either. I think she's financially secure, elegant and self confident. This woman has the time and the means to do what she wants. She's an independent lady.

mysticangel_001

I don't see this card as being alone either. I think she's financially secure, elegant and self confident. This woman has the time and the means to do what she wants. She's an independent lady.

It doesn't necessarily even have to mean financially secure because abundance can come in many forms.

danieljuk

There is another part of this card about the culmination of your efforts. Like she has that nice house and garden from hard work. She has the security she needs and so perhaps it can show that an area of you life that you worry about but you will gain security in. This isn't a mansion with a team of staff waiting on you but just something that affects you that offers more security and you have worked for yourself.

If you think the 9 is nearly a 10, this is nearly the completion of something in your life, a goal or cycle. With the Pentacles it's to do with the material, money, 'earthy'. This is a reward to you, something that makes your life easier.

Grizabella

I agree with this. That was my first thought about your question. I'm alone all the time now but I don't feel alone. I have my parakeet and my two little pooches and I just don't really feel that alone. I love being on my own. This is the first time in my life I've ever really lived alone.

Exactly. I agree with this, too. Maybe the reason you don't like thinking about this woman on the card being alone is because you don't like being alone yourself. Maybe you're somewhat concerned, down deep, that maybe this is going to be your future----being alone.

It doesn't necessarily even have to mean financially secure because abundance can come in many forms.

Heaven knows, most people wouldn't consider me financially secure, but in actuality, I am. I don't live like others do who would be considered more financially secure than I am, but I have my basic needs provided for. I have a place to live, clothes to wear, food to eat----that's pretty much what a person needs to survive.