ace of pentacles/the lovers/the tower

girlville

I'm new here and I find this site a great resource. I use RW. I recently pulled 6 cards, and against my better judgement decided not to assign positions to each card. My question was 'What should I say?' I hoped that the cards would present a narrative I could follow. I intended to look at each one (and the resulting combinations) as advice.

Re. the question. I won't be speaking with this person, the discussion will be written (so a letter or an email). Also, while this correspondence is more in the realm of work and career, and I don't know the recipient, he cannot be shocked. This is an artistic pursuit and I am in fact trying to grab his attention and compel a response.

But I must admit the first 3 cards threw me for a loop: the ace of pentacles, the lovers and the tower. I immediately got stuck in the textbook and lost the plot, viewing ace a surge of earthy energy, the lovers a grand choice, the tower the destruction of faulty structures. Then I started to think maybe this spread is telling me to talk dirty! The ace as flesh, the lovers more literally as love, the tower phallic... ha... Then I wondered if the tarot was instead critiquing me and ignoring my question altogether. Ugh. (I think) I need help putting these cards into words. Thanks.

MissNine

Hi there!

I'd be happy to give you my take on the cards, but can you please state what the question you asked the cards was? Is it about this person's reaction to your letter?

Also you mention these were the first 3 cards...of what spread? I'm just looking for context to give me a better understanding and more accuracy.

I'm a little confused.

phacad19189

I'm new here and I find this site a great resource. I use RW. I recently pulled 6 cards, and against my better judgement decided not to assign positions to each card. My question was 'What should I say?' I hoped that the cards would present a narrative I could follow. I intended to look at each one (and the resulting combinations) as advice.

Re. the question. I won't be speaking with this person, the discussion will be written (so a letter or an email). Also, while this correspondence is more in the realm of work and career, and I don't know the recipient, he cannot be shocked. This is an artistic pursuit and I am in fact trying to grab his attention and compel a response.

But I must admit the first 3 cards threw me for a loop: the ace of pentacles, the lovers and the tower. I immediately got stuck in the textbook and lost the plot, viewing ace a surge of earthy energy, the lovers a grand choice, the tower the destruction of faulty structures. Then I started to think maybe this spread is telling me to talk dirty! The ace as flesh, the lovers more literally as love, the tower phallic... ha... Then I wondered if the tarot was instead critiquing me and ignoring my question altogether. Ugh. (I think) I need help putting these cards into words. Thanks.

Hi girlville!

If it was phallic, pretty sure it will be two of pentacles instead of the ace ;)

I think the cards are just indicating that you're doubting whatever you're trying to do is what you want in the first place.

Ace of pentacles - You want to start something for your work.
Lovers - Points to the fact the choice to be made is probably something irrational, which is the opposite of what you need from the ace of pentacles
Tower - Probably just reminding that you don't know that person well and whether he is truly of help to you or not in the first place, and that you fear your irrational behavior might bring unto you something bad.

PH

girlville

Hi there!

I'd be happy to give you my take on the cards, but can you please state what the question you asked the cards was? Is it about this person's reaction to your letter?

Also you mention these were the first 3 cards...of what spread? I'm just looking for context to give me a better understanding and more accuracy.

I'm a little confused.

Hi. My question was 'What should I say?' and I didn't use designated positions, I pulled 6 cards and it was all very free form. Thanks.

girlville

Hi girlville!

If it was phallic, pretty sure it will be two of pentacles instead of the ace ;)

I think the cards are just indicating that you're doubting whatever you're trying to do is what you want in the first place.

Ace of pentacles - You want to start something for your work.
Lovers - Points to the fact the choice to be made is probably something irrational, which is the opposite of what you need from the ace of pentacles
Tower - Probably just reminding that you don't know that person well and whether he is truly of help to you or not in the first place, and that you fear your irrational behavior might bring unto you something bad.

PH

I feared someone would say this. I've a had a few spreads lately where I seemed to be getting answers to questions not asked. Your reading of the situation is very astute. I do have some reservations. But regardless I think I'm doing the right thing. I think your take on the Lovers is mostly right, my choice is bold, but quite rational because I intend to write in poetry or prose (kind of like a sample of my work). Let's hope a tower situation doesn't befall me.

So it seems I didn't get my answer from the cards. Do you recommend I redo the spread and be firm that I want help with JUST the content of my letter?

Also, side note, the 2 of pentacles as phallic? Dynamic balance I've heard of, but not that. Please elaborate. It was the tower that I was joking could be seen as phallic :) Thanks for your help.

phacad19189

I feared someone would say this. I've a had a few spreads lately where I seemed to be getting answers to questions not asked. Your reading of the situation is very astute. I do have some reservations. But regardless I think I'm doing the right thing. I think your take on the Lovers is mostly right, my choice is bold, but quite rational because I intend to write in poetry or prose (kind of like a sample of my work). Let's hope a tower situation doesn't befall me.

So it seems I didn't get my answer from the cards. Do you recommend I redo the spread and be firm that I want help with JUST the content of my letter?

Also, side note, the 2 of pentacles as phallic? Dynamic balance I've heard of, but not that. Please elaborate. It was the tower that I was joking could be seen as phallic :) Thanks for your help.

A bold choice is only rational if you have weighed all the risks and rewards and know what risks you are taking and what kind of rewards you will reap, knowing either or neither is a irrational choice.

I feel that your cards did enough on telling you what to say to him. First research more about your choice and him and you will eventually find the answer on what to say to him (if you still want to stick with the choice after that i.e.). Like rather than going blind and talk dirty with him, find out a bit about his work, hobbies and initiate a discussion that both of you can relate to. If you try to send him a email regarding dirty stuff as your first correspondence with him, i'm pretty sure it wouldn't even make it past the spam filter.

The cards does not make it out that the choice itself is bad, it's just that the approach could be better.

Anyways regarding the two of pentacles i was joking... since the pentacles are round and i can't stop myself trying to pair them up with a phallic tower.

PH

girlville

I feel that your cards did enough on telling you what to say to him. First research more about your choice and him and you will eventually find the answer on what to say to him (if you still want to stick with the choice after that i.e.). Like rather than going blind and talk dirty with him, find out a bit about his work, hobbies and initiate a discussion that both of you can relate to. If you try to send him a email regarding dirty stuff as your first correspondence with him, i'm pretty sure it wouldn't even make it past the spam filter. PH

I actually meant that I don't 'hang out' with this person. I know just about everything there is to know on public record. It's not dirty stuff. It's art and it will be artistically framed. I just wanted help with content. I will accept that the cards are reflecting my anxiety about showing someone important what I can can do.

Anyways regarding the two of pentacles i was joking... since the pentacles are round and i can't stop myself trying to pair them up with a phallic tower. PH

Ahhh not the phallic the reproductive. I got the joke. Thanks.

Sirena84

Hello :)

This is my take on your spread..

ace of coins/lovers/tower

earth/air/fire

Here is the air can't wait to get away from the earth (as they are ill dignified) and its blowing onto fire.. here Tower is the strongest card in the spread..

so here it says think and then act fast.. forget too many details...

This element combo usually pops up when someone can't see the wood for the trees and losing the bigger picture..

Here the advice is to not get bogged down in the small details.. make your point bold after careful consideration of the details and don't be afraid to communicate your needs (tower)..
as in yes think about the details but not all the details.. only the important details.. but in the actual communication only say the important stuff and don't confuse the person by going round the houses or unnecessary details..

The message is don't get bogged down with unimportant details and make sure you are not afraid to communicate your needs with out fear of messing it up.. just go for it!!

I hope this is helpful :)

girlville

Hello :)

This is my take on your spread..

ace of coins/lovers/tower

earth/air/fire

Here is the air can't wait to get away from the earth (as they are ill dignified) and its blowing onto fire.. here Tower is the strongest card in the spread..

so here it says think and then act fast.. forget too many details...

This element combo usually pops up when someone can't see the wood for the trees and losing the bigger picture..

Wow. Thank you for your input. It is nice to let another meaning wash over me. Especially since I feel I need to focus more attention on aspects like the elements and the numerology in my readings. I went back and had a look at my journal and realized that recently many of my spreads (mostly to do with this topic) have had strong elementally different cards side by side.

Here the advice is to not get bogged down in the small details.. make your point bold after careful consideration of the details and don't be afraid to communicate your needs (tower)..
as in yes think about the details but not all the details.. only the important details.. but in the actual communication only say the important stuff and don't confuse the person by going round the houses or unnecessary details..

The message is don't get bogged down with unimportant details and make sure you are not afraid to communicate your needs with out fear of messing it up.. just go for it!!

I hope this is helpful :)

I'll try and take the cards (and your interpretation) to heart. I believe am overthinking it.