10 of wands as relationship outcome

Reverie

Hi folks!

I am continually having the 10 of wands as outcome with someone!

This has never happened to me.

The deck I am looking at is the Steampunk, where only a female is seen walking away from lit houses at night, with a weight of wands on her back, and a lighted staff at her side as a walking stick, and a ton of cards flying around her. She looks tired but determined. She wears a crown of flowers - one blue, one pink.

When I see this card, I don't think of a joint effort. I think that the other person has burdened me so much and now I am somehow carrying their load. But I'm not sure. Is it really that bad? It's not a card I like to see, but is it THAT bad?

Can you say she has just had an uplifting experience? It doesn't look like it to me.

She is also beginning to walk through a tunnel, it seems. Anyway, she is on her own, no one supporting her. I guess this could be me walking away. But what is the burden about? Should I be worried? She is also somehow sexy despite her long robe.

ETA - the cards falling are the ace of wands, 2 of wands, page of cups, ace of cups, DEVIL. Might sum up my interaction with this person!!!

The card in front of her though is face down... what could it be?

ETA 2 - This is about a budding relationship that didn't take off, apparently. We went on a date a week ago and I haven't heard from him since.

Thanks for helping.

rwcarter

Everyone assumes that the 10W shows someone who's been burdened against their will. As a relationship outcome you may CHOOSE to take on another person's burdens (as your back and shoulders are stronger than theirs) in order to lighten their load so that they can get to a place where they can take back some of their burdens.

It's also possible that you'll be burdened against your will with issues that you'll need to carry for awhile.

Rodney

PeonyInLove

You started something and you're going to follow it through no matter what obstacles get in your way.

PAMUYA

It is not the load that is the burden, it is they way that you carry it that is. All relationships have burdens, it is how we internalize these burdens which make them apear as "good or bad". Having this card as a relationship outcome it telling me that things are not going to be the "happily ever after" ending that we have been lead to believe that happens (via movies, love stories....) The relationship is harder to maintain that you have thought, not what you had dreamed for. Long term relationships have their ups and downs, that have their joys and burdens. The question is are you willing to carry these burdens and grow this relationship? The outcome is in your hands.

Amanda

It could simply be saying that you pack up your stuff and move on. Whether that's actually physical things, or just your spirits -- you pack it all up and go.

Mystica7

I wouldn't consider 10 of Wands a good card to get as relationship outcome.

The relationship simply burdens you too much whereas the other person is reluctant to share the load.

Not a mutual and healthy situation in any case...

Ruud

Tens indicate completion, the wheel has turned full cycle. Therefore usually the next step would be evolution. Wands speaks of passions. In my opinion this card (10 Wands) is saying that the previous phase of your relationship is complete, you should renew your passions, and let the wheel roll into the next phase.

ETA - the cards falling are the ace of wands, 2 of wands, page of cups, ace of cups, DEVIL. Might sum up my interaction with this person!!!

The card in front of her though is face down... what could it be?

Please clarify this? Where did the 10 Wands fall in relation to those cards?

rwcarter

Please clarify this? Where did the 10 Wands fall in relation to those cards?
While there are many decks called Steampunk, I believe Reverie is talking about the Llewellyn/Barbara Moore Steampunk deck where all those other cards that are mentioned are backdrop to the image of the figure in the 10W.

Rodney

LuxCrow

From what I have read, most people say that the relationship is too much too take on, usually because there are too many outside burdens. The relationship is hard work to maintain and feels like a burden.

Reverie

Everyone assumes that the 10W shows someone who's been burdened against their will. As a relationship outcome you may CHOOSE to take on another person's burdens (as your back and shoulders are stronger than theirs) in order to lighten their load so that they can get to a place where they can take back some of their burdens.

I didn't give any background info, but it's the same situation as my thread in your readings. I had my last date with someone a week ago and neither of us have initiated contact since. I feel like trying to move on is work, even if I didn't really develop feelings.

It's also possible that you'll be burdened against your will with issues that you'll need to carry for awhile.
Rodney

I'll admit I got scared when I read that last bit.

Thank you for the take.