21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step ONE

coyoteblack

Welcome bluecat 2 blue names and 2 swords cards of the not so nice varity.

Real good work on the 5 of swords blue

faunabay

bluecat,
It's never too late to start. :) And I say just go at your own pace. If you want to do more each week than do it, if you want to stay at one a week do that. This is for you to learn, so do it in the manner that suits you best.
I was doing more than one a week for a while then life got in the way and I haven't done any for a couple of months. But now I'm itching to start again. :) Already have, just haven't posted them yet. LOL

Jewel

Midnightblue said:
NO, the 9 of Swords, chose me!
That is a true statement! I was there when it chose her! - by the way love the Unicorn avatar! :) - As Fauanabay stated, you will be surprised at what the card will teach you and the journey you will go through. And yes Coyote, you pegged it ... she is of strong character I can vouch for that personally.

Welcome to the group bluecat. It is never too late to join! I look forward to reading your posts.

Teheuti

Bluecat said:
I guess as I am a late starter it will be in order to do the steps quicker than one a week?
I rarely read the study group posts as it seems best to let you all build your own community and create your own way of responding to the material. OTOH, the steps are eventually meant to be used together — any or all in a single tarot reading — and so the idea of a week per step was an artificial one that dadsnook found worked best for organizing the study group series.

In workshops I often take people through most of the 21 steps in a single day, and, on one occasion, managed to cover about a dozen of them in a single hour-and-a-half session with 80 people working together in pairs (each person getting their chance to do each step).

There's no right or wrong way to do this work. The point is simply to try out different techniques that I've found most valuable, giving you new ways of seeing and experiencing the cards, which you may or may not decide to continue using in some form.

Mary K. Greer

flowerpower

21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card - Step One

Step One: Universal Waite - King of Wands

My 3 cards drawn were: Ten of swords, Page of Cups and King of Wands.

I felt drawn mostly to the King of Wands, and somewhat drawn to the Ten of swords because of some things going on in my life right now. But I felt more drawn to and intrigued by the Kind of Wands.

I'm looking forward to my journey!

Jewel

Flowerpower welcome to the study group and glad you found the threads! I think you will really enjoy this journey and you will find lots of support and help in the study group as you need it.

earth starr

21 ways...

step one The Original Rider Waite ~ Ace of Cups

A hand comes out of a cloud holding in its palm a cup. Five streams of water pour from the cup into the water below. The water below has lillies on it. water droplets/yods spray downinto the water. The cup is marked with a 'W' or an upside down 'M'. A white dove descends towards the cup holding in its mouth a cross marked disc.

This is Rider Waites Ace of Cups

Sagepowder

21 ways...for me

Step One: Rider-Waite - Seven of Cups.

A person dressed in black is standing with their back to us. In front of him/her are some clouds on where seven gold chalices stand. They are filled with seven different items, a head, a person covered in what looks like a sheet, a golden snake, a castle on a cliff/mountain, jewelry, laurel leaves and a dragon.

Starling

Step One - RWS - 5 of Swords

A man stands against a blue and grey sky. It is a stormy day and the clouds are jagged. He holds three swords. Two more are on the ground. Two men walk away from him towards the sea. The futhest one looks like he is sobbing, but we can't really tell because we only see him from the back. The man with the swords has a self-satisfied smug look on his face.

coyoteblack

Nice job on the 5 of swords ! one of my top 10 favorite cards in the deck.