21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step ONE

Skimo

STEP One : Margarete Petersen Tarot - Daughter of Feathers (Princess of Swords)

http://www.lapalma-galerie.de/arte/show.php3?lang=&basis=tarot&bild=36&gross=true

The background is in blue and white, made of cutted pictures showing sky and clouds.
In the center, MP added shades of light pink.
Over, curved dotted white lines give the impression of a breath of wind.
In the foreground, there are the blue shadow of a jumping woman, on the left, as well as a Chinese dragon in the right bottom corner and a white feather in the right top corner.

To choose my card, I drew three cards from my three decks (MP, Thoth and Gnome).
This one was the most appealing to me.

Starling

What an unusual deck. Thank you for sharing the address for the graphic.

Ivy Rhiannon

21 Ways - Step One

Druidcraft Tarot - The Moon

This is a beautifully decorated card picturing two wild wolves howling fiercely at the moon. The clouds part just enough to see a waning cycle in the blanket sky of night. On the hilltop perched are two stone slabs of an ancient doorway. Gentle waves lap the beach and a crab crawls out to hear the mournful song.

This is the card: http://tarotstudies2.50webs.com/druid_craft/18.jpg

I am holding the moon card from the druidcraft tarot deck.

Bernice

21 ways to read a tarot card:

STEP ONE. Bruegel Tarot - 8 Swords.

The complete scene appears to be a knife fight (BIG knives) between two tough-looking woman over a man who is dressed in scarlet and has been injured either accidently or on purpose - he's falling to the ground with a trickle of blood from his mouth. It's a rural landscape - green grass and several trees in the distance. Soft rich colours.

The fighting women and the man are in the foreground, along with two dogs arguing over a bone, while two other dogs and a mouse stand watching the fight. A soldier with a halbard is close by, moving forward to presumably stop the fight. This is taking place beside a barn which has a big knife hanging from a beam and four more large knives sticking out from the roof.

In the background there is a man speaking with three women, both he and one of the women are making gestures, the other two are looking at her as if in agreement. They must be talking (gossiping?) about this fight, a rather violent domestic one.

Sorry, no pic. But this card may be listed in the Tarot Deck images.

Bee

Psiweapon

Step One:

IX, El Ermitaño (the Hermit) card, from a freebie tarot I got with a magazine.

It shows a young man with a loose robe, and a dog, both with a serene look on their face. A red-purple starry sky beyond them.

This is the hermit card I'm holding now.

Prism

21 Ways, Step 1

Step ONE: Tarot of Prague, The Hermit

An thin, gray-haired and gray-bearded man stands on a cobblestone street of small, colorful houses. He is alone and faces the right side of the card. He holds up an hourglass-shaped lantern in his left hand, and in his right he holds a walking stick. He is dressed in a hooded purplish cloak. The sky is not dark, but there is a crescent moon in the sky. It is either twilight or dawn. Above his head, hanging in the sky, in a decorative (heraldic) pink border is an image of a scale entwined with leaves.

Here is a link:
http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/82/Prague#19.jpg

dadsnook2000

Welcome, Prism

It is early evening, just before sunset about 4 days after the new Moon. This is because the crescent is bowed to the right and sunlight still throws a shadow on his face. In any case, welcome to the study group. As you progress, you'll find yourself noticing and using so much more symbolism in your cards and readings.

This Hermit has a full day of new experiences to reflect upon and to possibly share with others, reminding us to take time to dwell upon each moment of our lives and take from those moments so that we can continue to move forward.
Have fun. Dave

easternsunrise

STEP 1- Mythic Tarot-Five of Cups

A lady in a long white gown (Psyche) holds a lamp and reaches out to a golden winged man (Eros) who is running away from her. Trust has been lost as Psyche has used the lamp to look at Eros's face during the night. There are five golden cups next to their bed-four have tipped over and emptied their contents and one remains full.

This is the Five of Cups I am holding in my hand.

Mojo Twin 2

Step One - World Spirit Tarot - Strength

The World Spirit Strength card pictures a dark-skinned, naked woman reclining in the arms of a great lion. She holds a mouse in her hand. She is in a green field. Behind her is a burning bush with a serpent wrapped around it, a river in the shape of the infinity symbol, a forest, and a sun with a black center.

I'm holding World Spirit Card number 8 - Strength.

alec...

Attachments

• WS strength.bmp
    223.1 KB · Views: 107