21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step ONE

coyoteblack

nice card you will have all sorts of fun with that card in these steps . so glad you posted the picture I finally got a looks at Dave's cards ( FEY )yesterday and it makes the experience more fun.

Eilan

Thanks! I really like this card! I'm sure I will enjoy the steps!

Keavy McGee

21 Steps - Step ONE

Step ONE - Deck: Golden Tarot, Kat Black
Card - X Wheel of Fortune

A woman in her bed embraces her child while a man on his knees attempts to warm some food for them. A horse and a donkey look upon the scene from outside.

A wheel with four figures is above the lady's head.

Hello, everyone. I am not much of a joiner and this is my first post here. I am very excited to be learning with you.

This is a very pretty card. I would like to post a picture for you but I don't know how. Sorry.

Cairbre

Jewel

As_you_wish said:
Hello, everyone. I am not much of a joiner and this is my first post here. I am very excited to be learning with you.
Welcome to the study group! Glad you joined us. I am technically challenged so I cannot help you with posting the picture of your card, but I am sure someone here will help you out! Look forward to reading your posts.

nicki

21 ways - Step 1

Step One - Thoth Tarot - The Lovers

This is a very busy card, its dominated by a large hooded figure,in front of this stands a dark man and fair women,in front of these 2 figures are 2 children once again one dark and one fair.There are also 2 naked women in the top corners and 2 animals in the bottom corners, we also have a cherub and a serpent.

This is The Lovers card from the Thoth Tarot

nicki

Bridget

21 Ways - Step One

I drew the 10 of swords from the World Spirit Tarot. In it, a jackal-headed man is pulling a sword out of a corpse. Other swords are sticking out of the corpse and of a nearby stream. A woman stands in the background with her arms raised, and the sun is on the horizon.

This is the 10 of swords.

punchinella

21 Ways--Step One Very Tardy

Step One--Herbal Tarot, XXI World (Comfrey)

A giant comfrey plant stands alone on a sunny beach, roots exposed, against, midground, a large oval hoop. There is water in the distance, and in the sky a suggestion of precipitation with a face sculpted out of clouds, cheeks puffed out and blowing; opposite him, the sun smiles serenely, radiating warmth and light.

--Another late bloomer (er, joiner) come to tag along for kicks . . .

Is it okay to do these exercises with the group without a copy of the book?

nicki

punchinella said:

I haven't a copy of the book yet either, thought i'd see how it went first, but must admit I am really enjoying it.

nicki

Jewel

punchinella said:
For the earlier exercises not having the book is not so critical, but as the exercises progress I think you will need it (Starting around Step 5 or 6 I think).

Dadsnook has done a great job summarizing concepts and work to be done, but the book does contain some explanations, definitions, and appendices that I would not have been able to complete the Steps without.

Just my two cents. I will differ this question to Dadsnook.

Grip Dellabonte

21 Ways- Step ONE

Hi, all! Sorry I'm late. Just found the study group last week and it has taken me almost forever to choose my card and post!

Step one: Deck = Waking the Wild Spirit, Poppy Palin
Card = 5, The Interpreter/Spirit Guide

In the forefront is a tanned, muscular, medium built man that is gazing directly at whatever is in front of him. He is dressed flamboyantly with a blue vest covered in yellow half moons, and he's wearing a purple and red pointed hat with a large plumed feather in its band.
His arms are bare and crossed in front of him. His right arm has tattoos on the forearm and his left has a ringed tattoo around his bicep.
He is holding a walking stick and has something that appears to be around his neck that has a piece of bone attached to it as well as other natural objects.
There are elemental creatures on either side of his mouth. Some sort of wispy air is either going out from his mouth to them, or coming to him from the elementals. There is an owl over his right shoulder and wispy air is also seeming to pass between it and the man.
There is a crescent moon of the man's head.
He looks to be standing in a stone doorway.