21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step ONE

coyoteblack

welcome geministar I so love theDruidcraft deck so far that is the only deck I have any success reading with . Nice decription of the moon card.

Just a question though , How come you did not actually decribe the moon it self?

geministar

Thanks for the welcome Jewel & CoyoteBlack.

Just a question though , How come you did not actually decribe the moon it self?

Thats a good question. Thanks for noticing that. I didnt even realise until you mentioned it. I think I may have described the moon itself in a little detail in step two but not much.

I probably didnt describe it because to me, the moon doesnt look any different to when I see it out in full here. In this card, it is out in full, and fully illuminated at the top of the card, centred.

aurorarose

Jumping on the band wagon

I'm using the Rider-Waite and the card is Temperance

It shows a blond woman with short bushy curly hair and large red orange wings. She has on a white dress with an orange triangle in the center. She is standing on the bank of a river with the toes of her right foot in the water she has a gold cup in each hand with water flowing between the two her left arm is slightly higher. There is a rock next to her left foot and some grasses and two daffadils. To her right there is path leading to some green hills and then to some blue mountains there is a bright sun setting/or I guess it could be rising above the mountains. The sky is grey.

punchinella

Hi aurorarose, and welcome! You've chosen such a great card for this I think :) I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say about RW Temperance.

coyoteblack

welcome aurorarose so glad for your new energy

nicki

welcome aurorarose, you've chosen a great study group, its the first one i've participated in and im thoroughly enjoying it

nicki

faunabay

OK, Jewel has drug me kicking and screaming into this......I don't usually do intense studing of any kind. LOL But I do have to say it sounds interesting.

My card is the Knight of Swords from the Universal Fantasy.
(The funny thing is the night before beginning this exercise I was flipping through the deck just looking at the cards and this is the one that caught my attention and then it showed up in the 3 card reading I did to choose a card!!!!)
***my scanner is not working at the moment but I will try and get a picture of my card as soon as I can.

There is an armored female with long brown hair riding a horse that is walking. She is holding a sword in her left hand down by her leg and the right hand is holding the reins of the horse. Her helmet has two wings on it and the rest of her armor is blue, silvery blue, and gold with a maroon "skirt" flowing from her waist. She is riding on one side of a small stone wall and on the other side of the wall there are 7 different flags flying in the wind. The far background is blue sky with a few white clouds.

aurorarose

I just bought the book, and am going to add some stuff especially to my step 2. Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Jewel

faunabay said:
OK, Jewel has drug me kicking and screaming into this......I don't usually do intense studing of any kind. LOL
You are so dramatic! *ROFLMAO* Glad to see you here :D