Solar Fire / Kepler tweaking

Scion

I'm running traditional charts on Solar Fire 7 and Kepler and have a question about modifying scharts to eliminate the modern planets in these two programs. Specifically, I'm trying to change rulerships in a way that carries across them... Solar Fire seems to be more modification friendly, but the changes are partial for some reason.

Anyone have experience with them and tweaking them "under the hood" so to speak?

Hope this is okay to ask in this subforum. :)

Scion

Minderwiz

I use SF6 but not Kepler, so I can only provide help on the former.

Solar Fire can be tweaked but it is rather unwilling to change on any permanent basis unless you use the rulership editor in utilities.

For traditional work I set 'Display Points' to medieval and 'Aspect Set' to moeity. I also chanage the house system in preferences/edit settings to Regiomontanus.

However 'Reports' still gives me the modern rulers as the first option when I click on 'Rulerships'. OK you can use the drop down box to select traditional rulers, but if you want the traditional rulers as your default (which I do), you have to use the Edit Rulers/weightings under the Utilities menu. The editor provides 4 levels of rulerships, Level 1(Modern), Level 2 (Traditional) and Levels 3 and 4 (Esoteric and Hierarchical). Level 1 is the default display in the Rulerships Report. The only way I can see of changing this is to rename it (and also its menu display) and then rather labouriously edit the dignities for each sign to match your desired set. This should give you the required default rulers.

I still havem't figured out how to change the default chart display to a traditional format. I still have to go through the process of selecting my preferred display once I have a chart on view.

Hope this helps

Scion

That's exactly what I was wondering Minderwiz...

The thing I can't figure out is the Wheel edit. :bugeyed: I have the levels set and everything is set for traditional/premodern, but the damn wheel (which after editing displays in the editor with the Chaldean order on the Decanates) WON'T display with the Chaldean order (i.e. it keeps themodern planet rulerships) even after I've saved the displayed edits. Can't figure it out. Grrr.

Any insights?

Grigori

I asked my local SF rep this a little while back, and she didn't know either. So I'm guessing its not simple. I got sidetracked so haven't asked the tech support guys, though I meant to. They respond really well to emails I've found, and have been helpful even when the problem was me :| so maybe you could do it for me and let me know how it goes :D (I'm not just being lazy here, I have no internet at the moment, so submitting an email via the built in tech support part is out of the question temporarily).

Scion

By some mysterious agency, Solar Fire tweaked itself!?! :bugeyed:

Today, with no warning, it began displaying the Chaldean Decan Rulers as I'd selected in the editor and removed the modern outer planets from the wheel. :confused: I guess it just needed to be shut down and restarted a few times...

I knew that sacrificing a goat was a good idea. :D