Card order in the GD

ravenest

I suspect they had other ways of "cleansing." A reading was more than just a reading, it was a whole magical affair. An Opening of the Key could start with a Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, then the invocations, then the reading itself which could take several hours, then another LBRP. This may not be exactly how they did it, but it seems to make sense.

And at the end of the Thoth reading ?

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

The further study of this reading is forbidden. It is wise to destroy these cards after the first reading.

Whosoever disregards this does so at his own risk and peril. These are most dire.

Those who discuss the contents of this reading are to be shunned by all, as centres of pestilence.

All questions of the reading are to be decided only by appeal to my writings, each for himself.

There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt.

Love is the law, love under will.

Farzon

The further study of this reading is forbidden. It is wise to destroy these cards after the first reading.

Whosoever disregards this does so at his own risk and peril. These are most dire.

Those who discuss the contents of this reading are to be shunned by all, as centres of pestilence.

All questions of the reading are to be decided only by appeal to my writings, each for himself.

Anyone here who destroyed his Thot? Or is this only old Aleister cultivating his Black-Mage-Image? :cool:

ravenest

< holds both hands down>

Now ... anyone here who had their Thoth destroyed by someone else?

<puts one hand half-up tentatively >

Teheuti

Divine paradox. If you can't live with paradox, you really shouldn't be reading the Thoth deck!

ravenest

Thats right ... it probably requires a sense of humour as well :)