Interesting post by Nick Farell about 'Watcher of the Dawn'

Zephyros

http://nick-farrell.blogspot.co.il/2014/05/why-watchers-of-dawn-is-important-to.html?m=1

For those who don't know, Watcher of the Dawn is a semi-tabloid blog dedicated to, well, watching esoteric secret societies. While the blog itself is greatly prone to sensationalism, I agree with Farell that it serves an important function in lifting the veil of secrecy such societies like to enshroud themselves with, even when things happen that may be of public interet (like crime).

Barleywine

http://nick-farrell.blogspot.co.il/2014/05/why-watchers-of-dawn-is-important-to.html?m=1

For those who don't know, Watcher of the Dawn is a semi-tabloid blog dedicated to, well, watching esoteric secret societies. While the blog itself is greatly prone to sensationalism, I agree with Farell that it serves an important function in lifting the veil of secrecy such societies like to enshroud themselves with, even when things happen that may be of public interet (like crime).

I went and took a look. Very entertaining stuff, even enlightening in some ways. I ddn't know about the legalistic GD "trademark wars," but I knew there had been dissension.

ravenest

Did you know the G.D. is opening a gateway to hell for satanists (according to Watchers of the Dawn) ?

Yep ... thats just what your aspiring neophyte needs ; slander, court cases, trademark wars :rolleyes: ... I wonder if 'all that' has anything to do with the potential to make $$$ out of it ?

Zephyros

Well, I'm not disputing about the content. However, such organizations are by their very nature closed and secretive. Even the Catholic Church tends to take care of "business" (such as child-molesting priests) clandestinely.

Zephyros

Did the G.D. ever have a time when it wasnt 'plagued' by 'personal stuff' ?

Of course not, but the secrecy surrounding it may have been among the causes of any number of occurrences that could maybe have been avoided. Sure, nutcases abound, but would Moina Mathers have gotten to where she was and died in the way she did if she had gotten help rather than attempted to take care of things herself? It's kind of doubtful, and that probably is because of public interest and oversight. It's a different world now, you can't try to have sex with a goat and then slit its throat without expecting some kind of societal consequences (not that I'm suggesting that that's what they do, obviously). But Crowley did, and those kinds of things can't really be kept a secret anymore. He didn't even keep it a secret, it was just not a punishable offence then.

Zephyros

And by Moina Mathers I meant, of course, Netta Fornario.