Marseilles Seekers Thread (Fourth Exercise)

EnriqueEnriquez

Excellent...

Satori said:
It occurs to me that the letters meanings will remain consistent, and that the nuances will be revealed as we see them paired up with other letters. So for example, E will always be about reaching toward something, perhaps toward the future, but how it connects to other letters or doesn't connect will influence how it is read. Just like the Majors. Have I got that right?

Satori,

Thanks for that.

That is the essence of the exercise. By looking the letter as we look at the cards I am hoping to put in evidence that we can see more than we think in any shape of any object. We tend to be so used to what we have learned about the cards that it is very hard for us to just look at them (This is something that, I believe, this group overcame already). In the same way, we are so used to our phonetic alphabet that we find very hard to ignore the letters sound and focus on their visual shape (You are all doing beautiful at this!). When we finally look with out ‘empty eyes’, we start finding analogies between the letter’s, and the card’s shapes. Eventually, everything can be seen as shape. When the eyes of a person are to wide apart we can see she is good at getting the whole picture, but it is hard for her to focus on the small details. A nose with a strong curvature, like a sharp hook, belongs to a man who will change strategies midway towards his goals... Soon enough, reality speak to us in the language of shape.

Best,

EE

Bernice

Right had a go at this letter-thing. I've chosen a tree name. No particular reaon, it just came to me.

H - A - Z - E - L

H - An equilibrum of practicallity and intellectuallity, stability. No intention of moving from this stance.

A - But... from this comes an ability to focus with out losing stability. (a 'grounded' intention)

Z - Now a pause, to reconsider all aspects that might be pertinent, on the brink of making a move.

E - And finally satisfied - moving forward, with all faculties alert.

L - Stands in new postion and puts out a ' feeler' to check that the ground ahead is sound.

I MUCH prefer this to the pips cards! Maybe I should be useing an alphabet deck.... (What a good idea. Think I'll make one! Thank you Enrique.)

Bee

Bernice

A short one. What if the Z wasn't followed by an E?

Z - I - P

Z - As a first 'shape' this seems like a measure of uncertainty = In reviewing mode.

I - Reaches a decision and pulls self together, and....

P - projects thoughts ahead - uses imagination - meditates on a possible (or future) scenario.

Which leaves our querent (?) with a 'considered' plan of action - however no 'movement' is visible on a physical level.

Is this the right approach?

What if this were in relation to an emotional query/subject:

Z - Wanting to DO something, make a move, but too locked into scattered feelings.

I - Feeling so alone in this (situation) and becoming all wrapped up in how I feel.

P - Making more of this than necessary - expanding thought & mind-set to align with feelings.

hmmmm........

Bee

mosaica

EnriqueEnriquez said:
Mosaica,

I just wanted to say that I love the “Making Connections” exercises you are doing on your blog.

Nice!

EE

Thank you, EE! I haven't been keeping up with it as much as I'd like, but your comment is inspiration to keep trying to find the time.

Mosaica

EnriqueEnriquez

Bernice said:
I MUCH prefer this to the pips cards! Maybe I should be useing an alphabet deck.... (What a good idea. Think I'll make one! Thank you Enrique.)

:)

Bernice, you are doing great. I like a lot how you are noticing the way conext redefines meaning. Something similar to what Satori is saying here:

Satori said:
It occurs to me that the letters meanings will remain consistent, and that the nuances will be revealed as we see them paired up with other letters.QUOTE]

Ah! You don't need an alphabet deck. For a general reading, work with the person's name. For a specific question/issue, have the person condensing whatever the issue is in one single word. The idea is to use shape to meditate about something. Again, it is a game. But it can be an useful game if we dare to play it 'seriouly'.

Best,

EE

Phine

Hi everyone :)

On my way to work I was still reflecting on this nice exercise... Suddenly a question came up: What about words in different languages? What if I´d compare the pictures of... for example the term "TIME"? How does TIME feel / look like in english, german or french? Does it express the attitude of the people?

Now it is too late - but the following days I´d like to play around with this idea. If anybody would like to join - please feel free to do so!

T I M E - Z E I T - T E M P S

Good night,
Phine

Phine

Ok, I couldn´t resist :D

T I M E - Z E I T - T E M P S

Just from the first glance the english term TIME gives me a feeling of „forward-looking“.
The first I is limited on its top but seems to get rid of this limitation in the I. Becoming the M it moves ahead, even if it looks a little stiff and hesitant. Becoming the E it reaches to the future on every plane, perhaps as if in a hurry, fearing to be late for something ;) .

The german term ZEIT in contrast has a very „closed shape“. The idea of clocking / alloting time comes to mind.
Z is limited between heaven and earth which are linked by a line moving to the past. It gives the expression of thoughtfulness. The first line is connected to the intellect - thoughts going ahead. Then the diagonal line looks like a glimpse in the rear-view mirror, stepping back and then catching up in reality. The E wants to go further - but is stopped by the I which makes a caesura, like a deep breath and the warning: Do it slowly but safety, better get aware! The T in the end seems to end this pause, preparing the next Z.

Whereas the french word TEMPS starts „forward-looking“ and becoming „cheerful“ in the end, dawdling away time - as if there always will be enough of it.
In the beginning the T seems to be the prelude to the move forward on all planes of the E. But then the M comes and reduces speed. P stops the motion, like thinking it over again or going in retreat. The S in the end seems to not really knowing where to go or having all that time to look around... to have a rest... to move on to next viewpoint...

And now I´ll go to bed :D

Blessings,
Phine

stella01904

My Satori Thing :)

Cups

Ace: egress
II: rapport
III: elevation
IIII: symmetry
V: joy
VI: division
VII: continuity
VIII: flourish
VIIII: the river
X: communal experience

Swords

Ace: a boon
II: simplicity
III: cleaning fish
IIII: a good thought
V: red candle - passion?
VI: finding strange things in the woods
VII: polishing
VIII: a pebble tossed in water
VIIII: resonating
X: collapse, relaxation

Sticks:
(That's how I think of them. Wands are RWS and dumb magic forums, Batons are those silver things girls used to twirl at football games. Purely subjective, lol.)

Ace: a new rosebush
II: vegging on the porch
III: support
IIII: historical sightseeing
V: balance
VI: danger
VII: air
VIII: dreams
VIIII: pens, writing/drawing
X: grandma's wicker chairs

Coins
Ace: the fringes
II: yoyos
III: yoga
IIII: honor
V: stretching
VI peace
VII: settling
VIII: beauty
VIIII: springs (water)
X: stored, congealed energy; reserves

I didn't think about it much as I did it, I just rolled with it. That's the best way. Looking over it, the pattern I discern is that I miss getting away from town. Every place in nature nowadays is a public place with a crowd of damn people you don't want to see, but it wasn't always like that. When I was younger people let you drive or walk through their property to get to creeks and rivers.
You could hang out there with just your friends, or all alone.

I guess I'll do it mentally.

stella01904

Exercise 4

CHUSE:

"C" here is an open hand reaching to grasp something.
"H" is stability, the uprights are braced by the horizontal.
"U" is a receptacle, a container.
"S" is peristaltic motion, like digestion, or a snake.
"E" could be expanding on the three levels. as Enrique said, but also streamers on an upright pole, banners.

Therefore, :D I think the "CH" combination is decisiveness. What appears stable and contained ("HU"), however, is actually in flux ("S"). You can be decisive and make a choice and it can't go wrong, because even if it goes bad you can get out of it. Things end in expansion and victory ("E) either way.

"Chuse", BTW, is an archaic, alternate spelling of "choose" - I got it from Jane Austen, ca 1800 or so. "Choose" has all those o's like Mr. Bill screaming "OH, NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I think "chuse" might be much more auspicious. :D

stella01904

Just wanted to add, "Z" has always reminded me of lightning. So when you have a word like "ZEN" you can see it as becoming illuminated on all levels, with the "N" as a horizontal "Z". Odd, since the word wasn't originally written in those characters.

The interps would fluctuate, though, just like TdM.
"O" could be completion, totality...or Mr. Bill. :D