Round 2: AT Patchwork Deck Creation

BlueDragonfly

cardlady22 said:
You are an angel!

How do you all feel about letting people send scraps of material to BlueDragonfly if they don't have cards to contribute to the deck itself?
That is an excellent idea. They'd have to be cotton or cotton blend, and I'd only require a piece no bigger than 3 inches square.

I'll use the same material for the lining, cord and beads that I used for Frankie's bag. We could create a contributors listing(with diagram) for the deck and bag to be included.

yirabeth

Unfortunately I don't have any broken decks to have extra cards from. (weird to find that unfortunate huh? LOL) BUT!! I have fabric, lavender cotton, kinda blotched..hard to describe. But lovely, I bought it to make a cover for my spiritual garden table...

Would this be desirable?

~Yira

PathWalker

I have a Russina print of the Arcus Arcanum. I suspect it's a pirate copy, so won't sell it, but I don't use it. I'd happily donate a card or two, could mange nearly all of them LOL A major and a suit? Pick?
Pathwalker

BlueDragonfly

Absolutely!
yirabeth said:
Unfortunately I don't have any broken decks to have extra cards from. (weird to find that unfortunate huh? LOL) BUT!! I have fabric, lavender cotton, kinda blotched..hard to describe. But lovely, I bought it to make a cover for my spiritual garden table...

Would this be desirable?

~Yira

*Off topic* Is it by any chance from the Ice House? Have you thought about making a Shadowscapes bag from it? They had a yummy lavendar tie-dye type fabric the last time I was in there.*

Mellaenn

I have one card I can send - if no one has contributed this so far, I have:

World card from Ciro's Legacy deck

(It even looks a little patch-work-like with the four elements in each corner)

yirabeth

BlueDragonfly said:
Absolutely!

*Off topic* Is it by any chance from the Ice House? Have you thought about making a Shadowscapes bag from it? They had a yummy lavendar tie-dye type fabric the last time I was in there.*

*Also off topic* Nope not from the Ice House..how lovely to have someone to say that to and have someone else understand huh?! Good thought though - when looking for the perfect cloth, I completely forgot about that place. I'm not terribly crafty, ordinarily...LOL That's a good description of it though - Shades of lavender tie-dyed.

Good idea on the bag, but I'm actually crocheting a tarot box for my Shadowscapes. It's about half done, but I got busy doing hospital runs etc. When things smooth out I'll finish that AND make the table covering! I don't have a sewing machine any more (lost it to my divorce) so I'm hand sewing it -- planning on using an embroidery backstitch. Should make it strong (to hold elastic - I want it fitted) AND put personal energies into it :)

To be on-topic --- should I make it exactly 3" square, or do you want a bit of extra to work with/trim? And, just one layer, or two?

~Yira

BlueDragonfly

Just one layer. The pieces are actually pretty small. If you go to the Frankendecken Journal thread and find a picture to open, you'll be able to see his bag. (Post #47 has a good pic, top one)

They don't actually "have to be" 3 inches square. If you've got an odd shaped scrap that fits in the dimensions, that'll work just fine.

yirabeth

That's a lovely bag -- it will be awesome to have a piece of fabric in the next one! I can think, that piece right there, it came from here...!

~Yira

Kimberlee

The only extra card I have is the Queen of Cups from the Gilded Tarot. Would be happy to send it on its way! :)

~Kimberlee

BlueDragonfly

yirabeth said:
That's a lovely bag -- it will be awesome to have a piece of fabric in the next one! I can think, that piece right there, it came from here...!

~Yira
:D ....