The Temperlyne Tarot online

temperlyne

I finished the chariot! I am so happy I finally added the last strokes of paint... there's is only one problem.... I do not have my camera with me so I can not take a picture and upload it....drats I so wanted to show it. Tonight I will post it I promiss!

well this turned out to be an empty post... sorry for that but I am just happy I finished another card. Now I can start thinking on which is going to be next. It will probably be the hierophant or the sun. probably..

see you tonight!

temperlyne

The chariot!

Keeping my promiss I have uploaded the final version of the chariot!

www.tarotjournal.com/VII.html

Hope you like it! I at least am very pleased with the result.
I suppose most people will see my deck as a simple art-deck, and maybe it is. But to me there is a lot more to my cards then pretty images. They are created with a love of tarot, art and dreams and I want them to spark the intuition of the viewers.
There are allready great decks out there that are traditional and theoretical, I want mine to be emotional.

Sidhe-Ra

As I thought, I really love this card- what energy you've captured! It's great to see such a dynamic Chariot- this card is so often static and dead, not at all open to such instinctive response as this is.

As with mine, there'll be some people who 'get' your deck, and others who don't- I suppose it's the same with all Tarot, and art. But your deck certainly works on those intuitive levels that you're trying to reach. I hope I can own a copy one day!

Can't wait to see what's coming next!

mythos

You've done it again my dear. It is absolutely superb. I envy you your drawing skills, your use of colour, your imagination ... but trust me, my envy won't stop me from buying this deck when it is finished :love: ... I love it so much. You inspire me.

There is so much power and movement with the figure and the horses that the adrenalin starts pumping and you feel like you are riding with power.

mythos:)

temperlyne

Thank you both very much for the wonderful support Sidhe-ra and Mythos!

Finishing the chariot was such an adrenaline rush, (as it should be with that card I guess) that I jumped right into the next.
My last two cards (hermit and chariot) were a bit uncontrolled in art style and I want to see if I have learned to control my brush a bit more in this learning process. I love that I can see my progress as an artist throughout my deck, see the style change a bit and see my confidence rise.
The next card is going to be the hierophant. I just finished the scetch and it has turned out a lot more traditional than most of my cards but that suits the hierophant. And he is also one of the few characters that gets to wear clothing... I do not intend to put so much nudity in my deck, it just happens when I start drawing. The human figure is very beautiful uncovered and clothing usually suggests a time/cultural frame that I want to avoid. I do sometimes fear that the deck will end up being rated as an "adult only deck"...

truelighth

It is absolutely wonderful! All the action and movement that was in the first sketch is still in there. Congratulations on completing yet another masterpiece!

Sidhe-Ra

temperlyne said:
... I do not intend to put so much nudity in my deck, it just happens when I start drawing. The human figure is very beautiful uncovered and clothing usually suggests a time/cultural frame that I want to avoid. I do sometimes fear that the deck will end up being rated as an "adult only deck"...

I shouldn't worry about that too much- keep it expressive and avoid the wobbly bits and you'll be fine. ;)

temperlyne

thank you so much truelighth!

Sidhe-ra, I suppose you are right. The thought of being rated adults only crossed my mind when I submitted some of my cards to the aeclectic database. When I was selecting the images it occured to me that there wasn't a lot of clothing in my cards!
I think it might be a lot of fun to create a naughty deck but I do not believe it would be a "real" tarot deck that shows human life in all its aspects.

Ah well back to the chaste hierophant! I am quite pleased with the drawing and should be able to put it on my website somewhere tomorrow. This one is actually going to look like a tarot card again.

temperlyne

Here is a sneak preview of my hierophant:

Attachments

• hierophant1.jpg
    hierophant1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 108

Sidhe-Ra

That's definitely working, alright! Even now, it has a buzz- look forward to seeing it develop!