Tarot To Find Out Someone's Sexuality ???

Frayling0

sunstallion said:
Anyways, he asked. So, I tried to help him without charging. But I dont even know how with tarot. I am not good at tarot and don't do it profession.

Overall, he's older than 18. He's an adult. I assume he knows how to take responsibility and things like that. His consequence is really not my business because if I can, I just do what he asked. That's all.

But I think it would save him a lot more time if he courts someone then turn out to be straight.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think that's a great attitude. I think tarot readers MUST take some form of responsibility - you can end up ruining lives if you give out direct information willy nilly.

sunstallion

Frayling0 said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think that's a great attitude. I think tarot readers MUST take some form of responsibility - you can end up ruining lives if you give out direct information willy nilly.

I understand what you said, but:
1> I know my sitter.
2> You should know that any types of readings must be kept confidential. Same rule applies here.

GryffinSong

sunstallion said:
...But I think it would save him a lot more time if he courts someone then turn out to be straight.

The only thing that will save him any time is to simply not ask anyone out unless he's absolutely positive they're gay. The cards will not tell him that. Neither will a psychic, a palm reader, a psychologist or reading the lines in his hand. There is NO way to be absolutely certain that someone is open to a gay relationship unless you ask.

The most professional of professionals with a lifetime of experience will say the same thing. If they don't, in my opinion they're a hack.

Frayling0

sunstallion said:
I understand what you said, but:
1> I know my sitter.
2> You should know that any types of readings must be kept confidential. Same rule applies here.

No, what I'm saying is that you can't give him answers from the tarot that he will then make big life decisions based on. As others have said, I find it very unlikely that the tarot cards can even answer this question, so it's probably best just to leave it.

Laura Borealis

sunstallion said:
Anyways, he asked. So, I tried to help him without charging. But I dont even know how with tarot. I am not good at tarot and don't do it profession.

Setting all the other discussion aside, if you want help with the actual reading, you're welcome to post it in the Your Readings forum. Then you can get help interpreting the cards. Be sure to read over the forum guidelines first. Sharing your readings can be a great way to learn.

Just based on the reactions here, I would suggest phrasing the question in terms of "What are X's chances with Y" rather than "Is Y gay, yes or no." I think you'll get more useful feedback on your reading that way. It's your call, of course.

DownwardSpiral

GryffinSong said:
I think the better question is something along the lines of "how would x respond if y expressed interest in them?" And perhaps a few more questions about what approach would be most positively received.

I've read through this thread and I think this is the best suggestion right here. A few others have suggested the same thing.
Sunstallion you asked for suggestions. Have you tried this one? No. You want something better. If I was asking for suggestions I would at least try what people have offered to me.

As for this being your world....WOW! strong words. But that's just your opinion.
And just curious...if your friend is such an "expert" how come he can't figure it out for himself? Too bad he can't just spend a little time around this guy because I'm sure he could figure it out without asking the cards. Oh but hey I know he doesn't want to "waste" his time. Personally I wouldn't want to be with a guy like your friend.
Sorry just my thoughts.

gregory

sunstallion said:

Overall, he's older than 18. He's an adult. I assume he knows how to take responsibility and things like that. His consequence is really not my business because if I can, I just do what he asked. That's all.

But I think it would save him a lot more time if he courts someone then turn out to be straight.
If you are on your own admission"not good at tarot" - what makes you think that even if you DID intrude on the other guy's privacy this way, that you would be likely to get an accurate answer ?

And a good tarot reader - which I assume you would like to be some day ? - DOES take responsibility for the readings they do. His is the responsibility for asking; yours the responsibility to have some ethics about it all, and to refuse, and offer to redesign the question, where a reading would be inappropriate. The cards also have a degree of ethics, though - chances are you wouldn't even get the answer you hope for (in terms of a definite yes or no !) - you are quite likely to get "mind your own business."

Cat*'s three pieces of paper is the closest you will get to a straight answer from anything - tell him to try that.

Lady Morgaine

I think a person shouldn’t have the cards make decisions for them. They can ask what is best suited for a situation or how to approach it, but some things in life they must experience and learn within themselves. I think the best thing would be for him to “ask” the person. As a card reader it is best if you guide the questions so the responsibility and choice remains with the person asking the question.

sunstallion

laura_borealis said:
Life is full of risks. :rolleyes:

yeah, life is tough...but also time is very precious, too.

Laura Borealis

sunstallion said:
yeah, life is tough...but also time is very precious, too.
In which case, do the reading already, dude! :p