The Chibi Tarot!

Tomsde

I like the Hierophant--he certainly is more playful looking than in most decks.

Little Hare

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Love it :D
x

Pixelsmith

Tom - Thanks! I think, as I wrote in the blog, that the Hierophant has a lot of joy to offer, joy we miss out on due to his traditional association.

Li'l Hare - Thanks!

Pixelsmith

$3,000 and Counting!

Hey All!

We've got a little over a week left to raise the final $1,800 on the Kickstarter. We've had a LOT of great publicity, but we still need a lot of help.

I've also added a new reward level: $45 for two decks! Save $5 when you buy two!

Lastly, I'll also be adding the Empress later today...for backers only! So if you want to get a glimpse of her, give us a buck or two!

Check our progress on the website: http://www.chibitarot.com

Cheers!
A.

HudsonGray

This would also give kids a deck they can relate to. There aren't many decks out there that speak to the younger set.

Pixelsmith

This would also give kids a deck they can relate to. There aren't many decks out there that speak to the younger set.

Hey Hudson, you're exactly right. This deck is perfect for the young ones. The bright and colors, cartoon characters make it an excellent deck that sheds the tarot's usually intimidating aspect for one that's a lot friendlier. In some ways it's for ALL tarot beginners, children and adults, who might otherwise be put off by the intensity of some of the more traditional decks. Also, anyone who loves the cute!

Pixelsmith

$385 and 44 Hours!

Chibi Nation! Just under 48 hours and we have $385 to go! We can do it! That's less than 17 backers at $25! If you've considered giving, even a dollar, please do! And please tell someone about it! We're so close to getting it done! Let's make a big push today and get past $5,000! Woohoo!

Find the Kickstarter link on our website: http://www.chibitarot.com

Pixelsmith

The Lovers

Hey All! I'm currently working on the Lovers and I'm loosely following the Waite Smith version. Pixie puts 12 fruits on the tree behind the man and it seems allegorical to Adam, Eve and the Garden, but I can't find any specific references to the symbolism behind the number 12 here. Does anyone have any good references for this card and the symbolism, biblical or otherwise, of the trees behind the characters? Thanks!

Tomsde

Eden Gray's Book, Mastering the Tarot goes into a pretty extensive analysis of the symbolism of this card as well as all the other major arcada. I have really treasured her books as being of the most definitive intrepretations of the Rider Waite Smith deck. Hope that helps.

Pixelsmith

Hey Tom! Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't come across that book yet, so I'll give it a look.