Deck creators. Tell us what you are up to.

wooden-eye

Are you making a deck?
An Artist?
An Author?
Do you have an idea for a deck and fancy sharing it?
Would you like to meet up with someone here at Aeclectic you could partner with in the making of a deck?
Are you making a deck and really need to update us on your progress?

We are a creative bunch and it would be great to hear what you have been up to.
Having followed the creation forum for a couple of years, it has gone a bit quiet. I am sure that is because we are all just as busy as bees, but come on- the time has come to share.....Come on -spill the beans.

...Okay, I'll start;

Half the first print-run of Bonefire is sold. There is going to be an app, made by Fool's Dog, about which I am ecstatic.
I am working on a little oracle, working title, 'The Wyrd of Sarah Howard'.
Research continues into Italian Sibilla decks as I mean to make one of these my next major project. I would like to work with a writer on this one and have had tentative discussions there.

That's my update........NEXT?

blue_fusion

Getting back to doing art again (and being active in the tarot world). Unearthed tonnes of unfinished old works, some of which I hope I'll be able to publish this year. Did some warm up sketches which ended up looking like tarot card art. Will post when they get coloured. :)

Chronata

I am currently working on the minors for my Masquerade deck....

and by "working on"...I mean I take out the originals and look at them, and then I look at the paint box, and the blanks, and the sketches...and then I get distracted by something shiny.

I am doing the same with my angel oracle cards. Except it involves Sharpies, rather than paint.

HudsonGray

I'm in my OOOoohhh Shiny! phase too, unfortunately.

Third print run with the Ferret Tarot is half sold out, down to a few decks of the Chat du Marseille (second print run on those). No advance movement on the cat deck, the woodland deck or the cartoonish possible maybe deck. Argh.

BrightEye

I've completed a set of 22 pencil drawings of the Majors. I've scanned and edited the images and even bought the paper. But the drawings look imperfect to me now so I'm reluctant to print them.

NisabasAcolyte

There is a ferret tarot? :O Amazing. I love how many new and exciting decks people come up with.

One day I hope to create a broadway/musical theatre themed deck... and possibly a Narnia-ish deck, depending on copyrights :)

frejasphere

Oh, it's exciting to connect with other artists and Tarot deck creators :) I'm new here but just recently self-published my deck (Nine Lives Tarot) after a 3 1/2 year labour of love. I would have loved to have joined here while working on my deck, but hope to be part of this great forum with my next projects :)

frejasphere

Sorry, my earlier post was a bit short - posting from phone is a little limiting ;)

Are you making a deck?
Half the first print-run of Bonefire is sold. There is going to be an app, made by Fool's Dog, about which I am ecstatic.

Congratulations on doing so well with your Bonefire deck wooden-eye, I love your artwork and the app sounds really exciting too!

Getting back to doing art again (and being active in the tarot world). Unearthed tonnes of unfinished old works, some of which I hope I'll be able to publish this year. Did some warm up sketches which ended up looking like tarot card art. Will post when they get coloured. :)

Look forward to seeing updates and good luck with the unearthing of old works :)

No advance movement on the cat deck ... Argh.

Oh, I sooo love cats (they inspired my own deck on a subliminal level), hope you find time and inspiration to keep working on this one :)

I've completed a set of 22 pencil drawings of the Majors. I've scanned and edited the images and even bought the paper. But the drawings look imperfect to me now so I'm reluctant to print them.

Hi BrightEye, sometimes it can help to 'put the art against a wall' and not look at it for a few days ... when you 'turn it around' you may find that what you initially thought was imperfect, has become something different (I've put the physical steps in quotes as I gather your art is on your screen, so not asking you to turn the screen to the wall ;) ) I'm a terrible critic of my own work, and taking a break can sometimes help, even if it is just to clarify WHAT I want to change :) Having bought the paper says something about how much you care about this project - maybe all you need are small changes to please your critical eye?

Cedar Wolf

Oh my goodness, thanks for the prompt.

The Primal Tarot has maybe 4-5 drawings left to be completed, but the artist is handling that so I have no idea how close she actually is to being done. The book is in the final stages of writing and is undergoing editing right now.

Over the next few months we'll be showing initial version to friends and getting reactions, making some adjustments, and getting it all fine-tuned. We still have some questions about how the cards will be printed (and who will do it — the last printer I talked to dropped the ball on an estimate two months ago), but the book has a printer.

With any luck (even though the date keeps getting pushed back because, well, life) the whole thing will be printed by early June. We'll do a first run of 1,000 copies, and then see how it goes from there....

karen0205

I have a deck that I have started on. It's hard to work on because I have
a creative day job and I really don't feel like being creative at the end of
the day. It's something I am going to have to make time for though.
I have so much in my head that needs to come out.