Deck creators. Tell us what you are up to.

AJ

Dont forget to put a link in your profile if you have somewhere to show your cards.

In this forum it is legal to post links in posts, but hopefully you all will post elsewhere also and that is where it is handy to have the link in your profile. click on anyone's username and a drop down box show up...

Kristyjnh

I don't know it anything is ever going to come of this, but an artist friend and I are kinda sorta working on a Pokemon Tarot. I had wanted to get her into Tarot but the only thing she's really passionate about is Pokemon so I started thinking about making a deck. She does digital art, but it's still drawn, not a collage or photoshopped photographs.

My idea for it started with the Majors, who are all Legendary Pokemon. The Minors are the player characters and their Pokemon journeying and stuff, and the courts are the characters you'd fight, Pages being young trainers (Mixed gender), Knights are the rivals, Queens are Elite Four (Women), and Kings are Champions (Also mixed gender). One thing I've been trying to do is remove love/money meanings from the cards because they aren't really important in the games. So my keyword for the 3 of Swords is Sorrow rather than Heartbreak (And the 9 of Swords is Anxiety, I know some people associate it with Sorrow).

Anyway, we are "working" on it but we're both procrastinators so we'll see.

blue_fusion

I don't know it anything is ever going to come of this, but an artist friend and I are kinda sorta working on a Pokemon Tarot.

I remember seeing a Pokemon-themed tarot online some years back. It was just the majors, though. You and your friend might want to look that up and maybe compare pokemon choices on each card?

Kristyjnh

I remember seeing a Pokemon-themed tarot online some years back. It was just the majors, though. You and your friend might want to look that up and maybe compare pokemon choices on each card?

I've looked at a few other Pokemon decks, and I like the choices we've made so far. My friend has already done the basic sketches for the Majors and Courts, and given her style it will probably be a bit darker than the other decks I've seen. I won't post links to deck images until we have some more or less done, so it might be awhile.

merissa_88

I have 4 projects I'm working on:

-An oracle deck based on indigenous and new age star lore that I've been working on for 3 years. Slow going.

-An Ukiyo-e themed deck that I'm making for myself. Just sketches at this point.

-A lenormand deck.

-A nature divination deck based on Gail Morrison's "Earth Deck". This is something I'm doing for my own use. It includes pics of places my partner and I have photographed where I've done divination. I am almost finished and may blog about it.

Maybe all of us are so absorbed with the process that we are not chatting much? I've noticed some people tend to post when they are almost finished with a project.

Freder

Circus Tarot

Hi;

I am currently working on the minors for my Tarot of the Zirkus Magi; it's a big job and is requiring a lot of thought and research -- but I love it, having a grand frustrating time!

I have several more ideas for themed decks, but when this is over would really like to try my hand at a NON-themed deck, using a mix of old and new symbols. We'll see.

Have any of you seen the new "Tarot M" now being worked on my MM Meleen, creator of the Rosetta? I think it's even nicer and more interesting than the Rosetta was. Check it out.

Thanks, all... really everyone should create their own personal deck, it's an experience I recommend to one and all...

D Thornsjo
www.ducksoup.me
circustarot.blogspot.com

truelighth

Getting back to doing art again (and being active in the tarot world). Unearthed tonnes of unfinished old works, some of which I hope I'll be able to publish this year. Did some warm up sketches which ended up looking like tarot card art. Will post when they get coloured. :)

Welcome back to the Tarot world. Looking forward to your new art and decks :).

I hope you will also finish and print the Eventide Tarot. Still want that one!

Anchi

hi

I started to create my own dianic Tarot for 3 years. The majors are finished (for now^^) and now I work on the minors. It takes long till I painted a card because I haven’t the time and the energy to paint after my work. Additionally I try to write some interpretation points for my cards.

more later
Anchi

frejasphere

hi

I started to create my own dianic Tarot for 3 years. The majors are finished (for now^^) and now I work on the minors. It takes long till I painted a card because I haven’t the time and the energy to paint after my work. Additionally I try to write some interpretation points for my cards.

more later
Anchi

Looking forward to seeing some examples of your artworks Anchi :)

ematuskey

Still working on the Brass & Steam tarot deck (currently scoped to be a majors & court "half tarot")--I'm commissioning the Emperor this month, and I'm on track for launching the Kickstarter to fund the rest of the cards later this spring!