Pearls of Wisdom - Five of Wands

emmsma

jcwirish said:
No you're not babbling, lol!

The two at the top do seem to stand alone. I was wondering if they were also above the main figure, because they are sort of trying to block her progress. This probably only comes from me because I so generally see this card as "playful conflict".

I think we are meant to emulate the main figure. That's a great point. She is trucking along doing her thing no matter what anyone tries to throw at her. It's a good lesson to learn.

I also like the observation that it seems to be twilight on the background. It's not as fiery and hot as the other cards.

Yes, the people, in their fiery garb are brighter than the rainbow world they inhabit.

Perhaps because our Flame, our Passion must come from within.

There seem to be clouds rolling in, too - they begin to block out the sun.

When times get tough, you must carry that Flame within, for it will not alway be provide from without.

jcwirish

emmsma said:
I just noticed there is no Rune on this card. I guess I hadn't realized they were not on all of them. I wonder why not.

Yeah, I don't think it is explained anywhere why most cards have runes, but some do not.

jcwirish

emmsma said:
Yes, the people, in their fiery garb are brighter than the rainbow world they inhabit.

Perhaps because our Flame, our Passion must come from within.

There seem to be clouds rolling in, too - they begin to block out the sun.

When times get tough, you must carry that Flame within, for it will not alway be provide from without.

That's very insightful Emm. The cloud cover coming in may be indicative of a storm brewing overhead. Things may look fine right now, but something is beginning to happen. We have to be prepared for what may be coming, but we need to meet whatever is coming without fear or distress. We need to take the same calm, focused approach to things whether things are going smoothly or not.

Hexi

some cards have runes when they made sense for the cards meaning. If they didn't have a rune, I didn't see the connection, you may however. Glad you are getting into the deck, it offers many insights. Cheers Hexi

jcwirish

Hexi said:
some cards have runes when they made sense for the cards meaning. If they didn't have a rune, I didn't see the connection, you may however. Glad you are getting into the deck, it offers many insights. Cheers Hexi

Yay Hexi! Thanks for stopping by. Emm and I are doing a study together on your deck, so we'll be here a lot, and would love for you to join us whenever you are available. We're having a blast with it!

Hexi

sure I will check in and comment when you have questions. I love to read what others have "read into" the cards. The deck is really all about balance, finding your balance in amongst the chaos of life. Enjoy your journey through the Pearls deck!

Rede Seeker

A hidden Rune?

Looking at the five of Wands after so many months, and reading the newest observations has highlighted something new for me.

Observe the central figure, totally focused regardless of the chaos around her. Noet also the two above her on the tight-rope - their two wands meet and join with the sun. Could they be lighting it in the darkness or lighting their wand/torches from it? The image works either way. There is a central axis formed by the two wands of the tight-rope walkers and the wand held by the central figure with the sun itself as the zenith. The tight-rope walkers form two sides of a triangle with the sun and wands forming the apex. Join that with the central axis and you get a Tyr Rune (Tiwaz).

The Rune Poem for Tiwaz: Tyr is a token, it keeps Troth well with Noble Men. Ever on it's course, through the mists of night it never fails.

jcwirish

This is a very interesting thought Rede Seeker. I like it.

What I really like about this depiction of this card is that you can see the determination of the central figure to maintain her balance and get through the rough bits. She's got drive and determination.

Normally with this card I see the general batting of the wands, but you're never really sure who the main figure is. It just looks like playful combat without the drive or will to pull through victorious.

I love how the idea of balance is depicted throughout the entire deck, but it is especially significant in this image. The card not only expresses what may be going on around you, but also gives you the insight as to how to you may overcome and grow through the adversity.

This deck is just so full of surprises. It's got the meat and the layers that make it a life long study deck for me. I always see and derive something new and meaningful with each look at a card. I love it!