Mythic Oracle

franniee

ooooo I like the looks of this one!

TarotBoy

They look really great. Is There a page when we can see all 45 cards?

HearthCricket

I think it looks gorgeous and am so glad you put up that link! I ordered a copy! And did you see the fairy oracle they are working on? I want that one, too! It looks wonderful!! I just love the Dragonfae. I can only imagine them putting out a beautiful Goddess deck (I know, a bunch are already out there)!!

Grigori

party pooper...

I saw this is a store recently, and it was quite attractive in person. I nearly bought it, and I'm not an oracle fan much. My big beef with it, and reasons for not getting it, is they use the same god/dess multiple times for different cards. Surely there are enough Greek heroes/gods/goddesses/magical beings, to not have to double up!?! Having "Zeus-The Father" as a different card to "Zeus-Divine Expansion" kinda destroys the images for me, and I think would make it more like a deck of keywords :(

HearthCricket

Oh, drats! That is ridiculous. I wonder why they did that? :(

2_Journey

Lovely deck! Thank you for posting about it. I wonder why there are multiple images of the same deity? I suppose the gods did have different aspects, but I imagine that could have been illustrated on a single card for each. Strange.

I'm going to have to think about this before I add it to my wish list. Thanks for posing you reaction, similia. Without it I would have popped it into my shopping cart right then and there.

HearthCricket

Well, it just made me cancel my order! I don't want it if the same cards are going to pop up. That just defeats the idea of having an oracle and becomes more of a gimmick. Too bad.

Grigori

HearthCricket said:
That just defeats the idea of having an oracle and becomes more of a gimmick. Too bad.

That was my feeling too, and such a shame as I was really excited when I started to look through the deck. It really is lovely in person and I've only ever clicked with one oracle before, so this was a big chance for me. Sorry to rain on the parade folks.

HearthCricket

I'm glad you said something! I was able to catch my order in time to cancel. If I change my mind, I can always order it again. But I do know a store about half an hour away that shows all the cards of their oracles, so I will try them out, first!! I love my Oracle of the Dragonfae. A Greek God/Goddess only deck doesn't thrill me to bits. I have to think about it more. And hope that I can see them. Are the pictures exactly the same when they are repeated?

eta-I just saw some more pics online and they are different artwork, so I ended up reordering a deck. Now we will see how much I love it in the flesh!!