Mythic Oracle

Guiding Cauldron

You know I just realized as I was looking in my BOS, is that I have always been contected to Roman mythologies, I come from an intense Italien background and where our family comes from There is a religious pillars of Zeus sect there that honors him as Father Godhead. But Hestia has always been deep in my heart and Posidean! So I am more inclined to get a copy of the Mythic Oracle somehow/someday :)

I get totally what your saying about Crone energy as well Gaia I too am very much a tell it like it is energy and can but not normally be soft and squishy. lol I can be but I'm so used to having to be a leader, in control, organize and everything that I can feel myself harden up sometimes! *Note to self be more squishy :)

I havent picked a main dragonfae teacher as yet, but I have had some really intense moments with a select few already. Namely Andelle, Oroki, Queen Oonagh, New Moon Fae, the initially dreaded Wild Huntress- but we have an understanding now :) Hidekis Door, and Lady of New Buds. Looking through the cards in teh deck I can feel myself pulled to several ideas, but will have to see which one tells me they are my teacher, I just hope I listen! :)

**Edited to add that Brigid is my Dragonfae Teacher :)

faunabay

dreamsofgaia said:
I'm not too sure how good our chances are for a meet up unless I win the lottery at some point. Just thinking about airfares overseas right now is enough to make my bank balance pretend it's a whipped dog with its tail between its legs. They didn't get it wrong when they coined the term 'starving artist'.
Well this is me too, so I don't really think it could happen.......just thought it was a nice idea!! We can just have a virtual slumber party!!!!!! :laugh:

dreamsofgaia said:
But that aside (I don't dwell on it cause I'm too darned happy painting) I love meeting like-minded souls, even if it's restricted to nattering online. I find I am better with written words anyway as I tend to speak faster than I think a lot of the time. At least when I write I can edit ;)
God! this is soooo me too! My 16 yr old niece keeps track of the words I make up because I think faster than I can talk and end up combining words sometimes!!! LOL Or sometimes I even leave out words and the person I'm talking to will go "huh?"! hehehehe

dreamsofgaia said:
I tend to gravitate more towards cards that have a crone energy to them. I guess it's because I'm heading toward that time of life with great speed, and because I think in much the same manner as the crone. I'm a tough love kinda gal at the best of times. I'm only too happy to smother someone in hugs and give them a shoulder, but keep making the same mistake over and over and over again and I'll be one of the first people to tell you and bring out the whomping stick.
See this is what I meant when I said we would have a great time is we could all do a slumber party! Again this is exactly me!!! You could have been typing about me with this part!!! And HearthCricket and I both are, right now, going through the change into our croneness!!! So my whooping stick is right next to me at all times right now!!! Can I say a bit irritable at times??? ROFL

Talking about combining the Mythic with other decks made me wonder........ is the Soul of the Dragon going to be the same size as the Dragonfae? Please make them the same size if you can! :p I'm already figuring out how they'd work really well together. LOL

Jewel

dreamsofgaia said:
Back on the subject of Mythic ... No, I actually -didn't- weave the elements into the deck, although I feel there is a fair bit of subconsicious addition. As I said, Mythic was a learning experience and I was really finding my way with each and every artwork.

I think it's a beautifully simple deck that will allow the user to mix it with other decks if they want to, or use it intuitively, so I really hope that it proves to be something people enjoy.
Well I just picked up my copy when I went to visit Faunabay (Thrusday through yesterday) and it is breathtakingly beautiful. I have not had a chance to work with it yet, but it did catch my attention and I will make time to work with it and get to know it.

I love how it is dividede into different groupings. Love the magical creatures, wish there were more of them *LOL*. I will definelty make a more informative post about the deck once I have had time to work with the deck.

You really are an amazing artist. That combined with your spirituality makes me look very forward to your upcoming decks as well. Really is too bad we all live so sprawled out around the globe it would be really fun to get together since we all seem so like minded.

Shade

edit: Ooops my question was answered on the first page of this thread.

dreamsofgaia

My apologies for falling quiet. I had to go into get my hiney offline and finish all the artwork and writing for my coming book, Dreams of Magic. The publisher had a few changes he needed me to make, which actually resulted in the whole book having to be reworked to fit the alterations. Unfortunately, with the fact that the book has taken absolutely -forever- (10 months) for me to put together, I really needed to not allow myself to be distracted.

But it's finished now, and while I am now behind with the tarot deck as a result, I can poke my head out again and say hello :)

faunabay said:
Well this is me too, so I don't really think it could happen.......just thought it was a nice idea!! We can just have a virtual slumber party!!!!!! :laugh:

This sounds like a good idea ;) Now we'd just have to find a way to synchronise our respective timezones.

Talking about combining the Mythic with other decks made me wonder........ is the Soul of the Dragon going to be the same size as the Dragonfae? Please make them the same size if you can! :p I'm already figuring out how they'd work really well together. LOL

Okay, I have to be honest -- Soul of the Dragon does not have a publisher at this point. I'm hoping that my current one will be so impressed with the tarot and with the concept of the Dragon deck that he will want it too. Irrespective of whether they claim it or not, I will continue to work on it after the tarot is finished. It's going to be such a beautiful deck and I have everything planned and plotted already.

If Blue Angel do contract the deck then yes, I suspect that the cards will be the same size as both dragonfae and mythic :)

harleyquinn

i have a question

i don't own this dech as of yet but have the dragonfae and love it. this deck is sitting on my wish list my question is how big r the ACEO prints? i can't wait til the tarot comes out too. HARLEY

Dusk Till Dawn

I just ordered it! I hope that Amazon has it soon... But as soon as I got the Dragonfae, I had to get this one also.

dreamsofgaia

Hello again, Harley ...

The ACEO prints on my website are 2.5"x3.5" in size. They are the same size as most collectable game cards.

I hope to have a new blog online soon to showcase the tarot. At the moment, most of the cards are being showcased at Deviantart or on Facebook.

Golden Moon

I got this oracle deck which I think it's marvelous, but I can't seem to understand why are there 8 characters with repeated cards? For example, you have Hermes and then you have another Hermes. You got a Zeus and then another Zeus. the funny thing is that those repeated cards have different messages. I mean there are 8 spaces for 8 other Mythic characters. I don't know if the creator was being lazy or ran out of ideas. one semi good thing about it is that Medusa, Psyche, & Eurydice have cameos. Medusa is my favorite character and I can't believe she does not get a card for herself.

Shade

I would say that the multiple versions of each card makes sense when you consider that in the ancient world, especially when things got to Rome the gods were often identified by a particular aspect when referred to. So for example if you wanted to get pregnant you would appeal to Venus Genetrix - (Venus the birth giver. If you wanted to appeal to Venus of the heavens it was Venus Urania.

While I COMPLETELY understand frustration for modern oracle users, on the flip side it takes us away from seeing the gods (who are complex and multifaceted) as one generic stereotype.