The two cards i have some difficulties with

Maan

Hi all,
I was wondering if i could ask you all for some help. I have bene reading quite aloot with the fey in the past few weeks and i have encountered two cards that i have some difficulties with.

One is the king of pentacles. He looks almost angry to me and somehow his hair looks like a bunch of flames so i have a hard time seeing him as the king of pentacles instead of te king of wands. He looks not at all like the bachus person i envision the king of pentacles.
How do you all see him?

The second card is the five of swords. Maybe thats just part of letting the RWS meanings go and just go with the picture. The person on the sword seems to be dreaming, looking in to the future etc.

Love
from a puzzeled
Maan

Hedera

Hi Maan!

I had some trouble with the 5 of Swords too, until it occured to me to think of the same thing as in the RWS (aftermath of a conflict), only the conflict being way, waaay more in the past....
The sword has become an artifact that the fey can use to sit on, thinking of all the blood that was spilled on those sands long ago.

Or something like that. It feels quite melancholy to me; remembering things lost, causes that were once fought over fiercely, but that are now forgotten.

Maan

Hedera said:
ago.

Or something like that. It feels quite melancholy to me; remembering things lost, causes that were once fought over fiercely, but that are now forgotten.

This makes alot of sence to me. As you know i'm now considering a change in cariers ;) Anyway this cards keeps comming up in an advice position. Seeing it the way you do it means for me to think about my past and see what that can teach me for the here and now

lunalafey

King of Pentacles

The Fey mix the elements up quite a bit...(see TemperElemental fey thread)....Coins are forged from fire, gems are created by the earths inner heat. These are things a material king would posses. When I see him I think of the phrase "he's on fire", slang for, well, kickin' @$$...getting it done & done right. His anger may be just a game face. There are those out there that would do uncouth things to get thier hands on his goods The King has worked hard for what he has, he wants to protect it.
On the negitive side, those who will 'burn you'. scam artist, thiefs, etc.

Alta

Fey King of Pentacles

Hi Maan, I got this in a reading that I did recently on my boss. I was using Meewah's Energy spread, and this came up in the 'stronger unconscious influences' position. If I had been using a regular deck, I would have thought that it meant that he very much enjoyed his role as patriarch to the staff. 'daddy' who knows best and is calm, liberal but firm. And he *does* like to think of himeself that way. But I always read to the deck I am using, and I had a strong urge to pick the Fey for this reading, despite it being a work reading. I really need to get a handle on him right now, because we work together and closely and he has been on a bit of rampage lately. While I was shuffling for this throw, the K of wands literally jumped out of the deck.
Take the Fey K of P, as it is, and put it into the unconscious influences position. There is one serious looking guy, but not calm-serious like the regular K of p, but intense, focussed, calm- but-ready-to-spring kind of focussed. And the Sun symbol also hangs behind him. In my reading on my boss, I got that (The Sun) in the conscious goal position. There is no exuberance like the K of W Fey card. It is real K of P, but almost snake-like in intensity. The hair suggests a temper behind that calm (self-discipline?). He is king all right, don't kid yourself and don't cross him. I think it may be still the regular K of P, but a bit 'shadowed'.

Alta

5 of swords

I agree with Hedera. It has a very 'after the battle' quality to it. The fey is sitting at the scene of a long ago battle, sword plunged into the desolate barren earth. A warning of the aftermath of 5 of swords behaviour perhaps.

Shade

5 of Swords

When I looked at this card I kept thinking of the poem Ozymandias where travellers see the remnants of a colossal statue in the desert from some long lost civilization and a placque below it reads something like I am Ozymandias look on my greatness and despair... anyhoo back to the card

It made me think of the destructive qualities of conflicts and the way they can, if unsettled lay waste to everything around us. It seems to say that the fight is trivial in comparison to the legacy it will leave behind. When all is said and done what is left?

The lil fey on the sword blowing magic aroun dthe desert seems to be a scion of hope, letting us know that repairs can be made but we can see that the creature has her (her?) work cut out for her. It made me think of looking for alternatives to conflict... looking for the third road (faerie reference) in a world where we usually polarize any argument.

Maan

I really like the poetic way you are saying this JohnnyVoodoo. Thank you!

Shade

5 of swords ozymandias

Ok I found teh whole poem. It's by Percy Shelley, the husband of Mary Shelley, author of Frankenstein. I hope I haven't completely misinterpreted the poem so if there are any poetry fans in here who are offended just let me knoe

Ozymandias
I met a traveler from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read,
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed,
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

-Percy Bysshe Shelley
1792-1822

Genna

Hi!
I´ve wondered a lot about the 5 of Swords too...it almost gives a 4 of Swords feeling,and it feels like hope and potential is there,after the fey has finished contemplating whatever she need to think through,and found her way.I can´t feel any sorrow or regret,more like she is a temporarily hermit in the desert.Much more positive than other 5 of Swords I´ve seen.