5 of swords and devil

Adriana

Part of a reading I got 5 of swords as how someone sees you, and the devil as how they feel about you.
It seems sort of powerful, but could tie up to something that could have happened like a disagreement. Is it very negative? Is there some power issue related here too? Maybe 5 of swords is that person seeing you as someone who gives up easily or a weak person, and devil as wanting to control you.
Could there be some weird sense of attraction too?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi Adriana,

When asking for help with cards from a reading, posters are required to provide their own interpretations first. Can you make your interpretation of each card a little clearer in your opening post?

Thanks,
rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Adriana

Have written a little bit more on the cards :)

rwcarter

Part of a reading I got 5 of swords as how someone sees you, and the devil as how they feel about you.
5S could indicate that someone sees you as being a bully (the figure in the foreground) or as being easy to take advantage of (the two retreating people in the background).

Devil could indicate that someone feels horny about you.

Together they could represent that someone sees you as an easy sexual conquest.

Adriana

That's in interesting intepretation, thanks! I can absolutely see that. Maybe the opposite could be true as well. Someone that is a challenge and wont be easily "defeated" so not an easy sexual conquest?
Sorry for the delay in feedback

mysticsphere

5 of swords could also mean they are believing rumors or gossip about you, or thinking negatively about you, which in turn makes them feel apprehensive of you (devil).

personally, i don't really see the devil card as attraction, it's a card of addiction imo. Lovers is the attraction card. just my 2 cents.