What Are You Currently Reading?

EmpyreanKnight

Tarot for One by Courtney Webber.

I just got a copy of this. Since I mostly perform self-readings I hope it would also prove helpful for me too. Putting this on my read list.

Nosgo

I'm half-way through Qabbalistic Tarot by Robert Wang and really enjoyed it this far. Some parts will need several reading to fully undestand some concepts but it's not as much complicated in term of vocabulary as I was expecting. Very interesting.

I'm also reading The Erotic Mind by Jack Morrin Ph. D. and while it is not a "tarot" book, I can definetely see how I can use this great great book to help people with tarot in the understanding of pattern and structures related to sexual identity/fulfillment/problematics.

dianekay

Oh, Wang's Qabalistic Tarot--I have my eye on that one! ! Right now I'm reading Oswald Wirth's Tarot of the Magicians. And I just bought The Qabalah by Papus.

smw

I have just bought Wang's Qabbalistic Tarot, having had a helpful nudge from this thread and seeing generally the positive references to it. Also, for xmas, David Shoemaker's new book The Winds of Wisdom :Visions from the thirty Enochian Aethyrs :)

Asher

Italian Cartomancy: Learn the Vera Sibilla by Alessandra Venturi. Wonderfully detailed book about this beautiful oracle deck.

IHeartRescues

I am re-reading 'The Truth About The Tarot' by Gerald Suster. Excellent little book!

I ordered this after seeing your post and reading some great reviews. Been digging into it today and am so glad it he is using the Thoth as his reference deck. Looks like a way cool little book w lots packed in....yum yum

EmpyreanKnight

I'm currently reading the Tarot Life Planner by Lady Lorelei, which I purchased at quite a steal. It is very beautifully illustrated, and informative too!

Barleywine

I have Gareth Knight books in my Amazon cart just begging me to pick at least one of them.

Knight's A Practical Guide to Qabalistic Symbolism was one of my first esoteric tarot books back in the '70s. I never noticed what some people now consider his non-PC attitude. Its gabalistic content stood up well against Case, Regardie, Fortune, Bardon, Achad, (William) Gray, Wang, etc (but not Crowley, who was and is in a class by himself) that I was reading in the early days. I also bought The Magical World of the Tarot but never did get all the way through it; I should give it another try.

Right now I'm reading two books: Way of the Great Oracle by James Wanless for my Voyager Tarot study group, and Elizabeth Hazel's The Tarot Decoded (excellent!) on my Kindle, which is perfect for reading while on an exercise bike. I've also been pecking away at DuQuette's Tarot of Ceremonial Magick, but the Enochian slant isn't doing much for me.

dianekay

I recently picked up Knight's "The Magical World of the Tarot" at Half Price, just a random purchase that caught my eye. I love it! He takes a kind of path working approach (at least this is how I think of it) to learning the Tarot that I find really fascinating. And in his afterward he sprinkles in all kinds of (to me, at least) interesting tidbits. He also alludes to a few novels I've read in the past--Charles Williams's "The Greater Trumps" and CS Lewis's Silent Planet trilogy.