The Tea Leaf Fortune Cards

Pumpkin

My cards came today. :D :D

They are just like brand new. The books does not even feel like it's been opened. The only thing was the outer wrap was gone. The little cards are still in the wrap, so I am going to get them open so I can look at them now. :)

lunakasha

Bump!

I am bumping this thread because I just placed an order for these, after considering them for a LONG time....and fortunately, the price has come down quite a bit, so I am glad I waited.

So....does anyone have these, and what do you think of them???

They sound like so much fun, and the illustrations on the cards are lovely.

Here is a review : http://wicce.com/tealeafcards.html

And a few pics here: http://wicce.com/tealeafpix.html

Pumpkin.....and anyone else who has them....please share your thoughts on these, I am getting anxious to try them out soon.

Thanks!

:) Luna

6 Haunted Days

You lucky lucky girl! ;) I wanted these so badly about a year ago and like you said, the prices were ridiculous! I'm so happy that you found them for so reasonable a price. They look scrumptious and a lot of fun, let me know how they read!

:love: Miss 6

lunakasha

6 Haunted Days said:
You lucky lucky girl! ;) I wanted these so badly about a year ago and like you said, the prices were ridiculous! I'm so happy that you found them for so reasonable a price. They look scrumptious and a lot of fun, let me know how they read!

:love: Miss 6

I will definitely post here when they arrive, can't wait! :party:

And I plan to offer some readings over in the Oracle Readings section.

Meanwhile....I am hoping that someone here will share their experiences with them.

....the suspense is killing me, :eek: hehehe!

Annabelle

I have the Tea Leaf Fortune Cards, and really like them. The art is lovely and the cards are nicely constructed and nicely sized.

I admit, I rarely use the deck for readings because it is so different - in shape, in system, etc. I'm into tarot cards primarily, and seldom read with any non-tarot oracle.

That said, it does seem to be a "readable" deck right out of the box - very clear and straightforward. Though, one thing that makes it physically difficult to use in a traditional way is that there are a LOT of cards in the deck, and of course they are round - so you can't just pick up the deck and shuffle it.

lunakasha

Annabelle said:
I have the Tea Leaf Fortune Cards, and really like them. The art is lovely and the cards are nicely constructed and nicely sized.

I admit, I rarely use the deck for readings because it is so different - in shape, in system, etc. I'm into tarot cards primarily, and seldom read with any non-tarot oracle.

That said, it does seem to be a "readable" deck right out of the box - very clear and straightforward. Though, one thing that makes it physically difficult to use in a traditional way is that there are a LOT of cards in the deck, and of course they are round - so you can't just pick up the deck and shuffle it.

Thanks Annabelle....I am pleased to hear how much you like this set, and in particular I am glad to know that the cards are good quality, so they should last for awhile.

I have read in one of the reviews that the best way to "shuffle" these, because of the thickness of the deck and the round shape, is to place them inside a large bag and mix them up, then draw them from the bag. I do have a nice bag in mind for them, but will have to wait and see if it is actually large enough to "shuffle" them!

I cannot wait to see more of the cards....the artwork on the ones I have seen is very nice....they seem to have an old-fashioned appeal, which is exactly what I would expect from a deck based on a divination method that has been around for so many years.

AJ

The Shell Oracle has 200 cards also, and they are about the size of a saltine cracker. Shuffle? Not hardly :)

I would HIGHLY recommend the Intuitive Oracle reading circle that runs every 3 or 4 weeks here. It makes you read intuitively and you will see reflected growth in all areas of divination. If I hadn't done that for a while I'd never have gotten around to using my Oracles. They (oracles & circles) are a lot of fun because there aren't any rules, and people won't look over your shoulder and second guess you because you didn't parrot keywords :)

doreen

Beautiful cards

Hi Everyone
These cards are beautiful.
Could anyone please tell me where they ordered them from. I have tried to order them from Amazon but they keep coming up as a paperback. Help!
Thanks,
Doreen

lunakasha

I ordered mine from amazon (here):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1885203764/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

And even though it says "paperback" at the top of the page, if you scroll down to the product detals, it says "Pap/Crds edition". I believe this is only available as a set....so if you order from a marketplace seller and it says "NEW" then that is what you should be receiving. If you want to be absolutely sure, email the seller and ask before placing your order.

Good luck, doreen....and please post here when/if you get your set.

Mine should be arriving very soon (crossing fingers)....can't wait!

doreen

Thanks Lunakasha,
I will.