Pierre Madenié Tarot Facsimile is launched

Yves Le Marseillais

Thanks YOU

Hello Le Fanu, Rasa and all Forumers who appreciates this deck,

I do appreciate your words and comments.
To publish a really good facsimile edition is a big task that demand some sacrifices about time, patience, obstinateness, diplomacy and financial investment.

This project started in 2009 about, two years after I visited the original deck in Swiss land.

Snow fallen down this night but all parcels prepared this homeric week end will start from Post office today.

Have a nice day.

Salutations,

Yves L.M

la-luna

Here is an other one whom paypal refuses to collaborate with

grrr - really mad and frustrated with them now...

Yves do you also accept bank transfers to your bank account (I need your BIC and IBAN then.... (if so pm me)

Yves Le Marseillais

A technical point about how to get this deck

Hello all,

Some temporary technicals problems don't authorize me to get payment by bank card... for the moment.

Don't worry I works for you anyway:

I packs decks on a daily base (after my normal working hours, I am not a professional see TdM Heritage website).

Only those who have a Paypall account can pay for the moment.

For those who can't wait (and I can understand collectioners: I am like them passionate), P.M me and we will find together a solution.

Many thanks anyway for your encouraging words and.... patience.

Have a nice day happy forumers !

Yves Le Marseillais

Le Fanu

The Pierre Madenié tarot is mentioned in Kaplan, Vol II (p.314-15). The wrapper that comes with this edition is original. Amazing to think it has survived the centuries. It says there is another "similar" edition of the deck in existence, but without the Majors/Trumps and kept in the British Museum. This reissued version is the one from the Schweizerisches Museum in Zurich.

The wrapper translates as "Fine tarot cards, made by Pierre Madenié, working near the cemetery of Notre Dame, at Dijon, cardmaker for the Lord Duke, governer of the province of Burgundy."

Hope you solve your payment issues soon, Yves. :)

gregory

Mine arrived today and is just beautiful - thanks so much Yves (and thanks also to Sulis for making it possible !!) I particularly like the inner wrapping paper - and thanks SO much for not STICKING that shut in any way ! I hate it when one has to spoil such things by ungluing, slitting or whatever !

Yves Le Marseillais

Home sweet home Pierre arrived

Mine arrived today and is just beautiful - thanks so much Yves (and thanks also to Sulis for making it possible !!) I particularly like the inner wrapping paper - and thanks SO much for not STICKING that shut in any way ! I hate it when one has to spoil such things by ungluing, slitting or whatever !

Hello gregory,

Thanks for your words.
Very satisfied to read that you got your deck :))
Not to glue wrapper was decided because like you I prefer let each new owner the possibility to choose.
If for example somebody want to expose this wrapper on his wall under a glass for example or under a glass on his small table in his TV room or any other option.
Bear in mind that I have intention to produce a serie of very original old TdM decks with their own wrapper if I succeed to get wrappers too.
It's part of this not so easy project: Producing a line of nicely boxed and wrapped historical decks who deserve to shows up from darkness to light.
To know Tarot means to know about classical decks first and this is my individual contribution.

Have happy spreads !

Yves

Le Fanu

My Pierre Madenié Tarot arrived today and literally took my breath away.

I genuinely think this is the most beautiful and beautifully produced historic facsimilie deck that I can remember ever receiving. Everything about it Yves is simply ravishing; the colours, the cardstock, the box, the baroque wrapper and of course the cards themselves. The production here is stupendous. Quite simply eveything about this deck is perfect.

And I love how some of the cards, having been stored together bear the ghostly imprint of other cards. We see the ghost of the Bateleur peering over the Queen of Wands' shoulder. And the ghost of the King of Wands looking over the Queen of Cups' shoulder. There are details which jump out at me as being of enormous significance in a deck so early. The head-dress on the Knight of Denier (have you seen it gregory?). Why does it make me think of the Templars?? I get tremendously excited when I see in an early deck such curious details as it really could be a kind of missing link to even earlier decks. And have you seen how one of the Fool's bells has fallen off and rolls on the floor? I am utterly in love with this deck. The etching lines remind me a little of the Vieville and it has what I most like in Marseilles decks; clearly visible and expressive eyes that really peer and can be interpreted. Normally historic decks are a bit blotchy and stained but this one feels so clean compared to others.

This deck captivates me and it is stuningly produced. I shall want another one. Yves, please tell me as soon as you have sorted out the paypal issues...

I have shown it to non-tarot people who swoon like me. Everyone loves that wrapper! This really is such a memorable historic deck, full of riddles and tantalising clues...

gregory

The head-dress on the Knight of Denier (have you seen it gregory?).
I haven't had time - I was meeting trains and crap yesterday. I shall be sitting down with it after breakfast ! But I agree with every word you say.

Why does it make me think of the Templars??
OOOOH - does it ? I LOVE them !

I get tremendously excited when I see in an early deck such curious details as it really could be a kind of missing link to even earlier decks. And have you seen how one of the Fool's bells has fallen off and rolls on the floor? I am utterly in love with this deck. The etching lines remind me a little of the Vieville and it has what I most like in Marseilles decks; clearly visible and expressive eyes that really peer and can be interpreted. Normally historic decks are a bit blotchy and stained but this one feels so clean compared to others.

This deck captivates me and it is stunningly produced. I shall want another one. Yves, please tell me as soon as you have sorted out the paypal issues...

I have shown it to non-tarot people who swoon like me. Everyone loves that wrapper! This really is such a memorable historic deck, full of riddles and tantalising clues...
Amen to all this (except the second copy bit... Though I just might. And I DON'T DO THAT !)

kalliope

This deck is calling me a bit, and the enthusiastic reactions aren't helping, you guys! Le Fanu, would you consider snapping a picture or two at some point? It always helps me to see a deck in natural lighting (to compare to scans).

(BTW, pics you took for an old thread comparing the Tarot of the Master with the Vacchetta have pushed me over the edge for that one, too. They were very helpful! )

Sulis

My Pierre Madenié Tarot arrived today and literally took my breath away.

I genuinely think this is the most beautiful and beautifully produced historic facsimilie deck that I can remember ever receiving. Everything about it Yves is simply ravishing; the colours, the cardstock, the box, the baroque wrapper and of course the cards themselves. The production here is stupendous. Quite simply eveything about this deck is perfect.

And I love how some of the cards, having been stored together bear the ghostly imprint of other cards. We see the ghost of the Bateleur peering over the Queen of Wands' shoulder. And the ghost of the King of Wands looking over the Queen of Cups' shoulder. There are details which jump out at me as being of enormous significance in a deck so early. The head-dress on the Knight of Denier (have you seen it gregory?). Why does it make me think of the Templars?? I get tremendously excited when I see in an early deck such curious details as it really could be a kind of missing link to even earlier decks. And have you seen how one of the Fool's bells has fallen off and rolls on the floor? I am utterly in love with this deck. The etching lines remind me a little of the Vieville and it has what I most like in Marseilles decks; clearly visible and expressive eyes that really peer and can be interpreted. Normally historic decks are a bit blotchy and stained but this one feels so clean compared to others.

This deck captivates me and it is stuningly produced. I shall want another one. Yves, please tell me as soon as you have sorted out the paypal issues...

Mine's not here yet, I hope it comes tomorrow, it sounds lovely :).