Deviant Moon Companion Book

Winterchild

:bugeyed: I never thought I would say this, but I am quite pleasantly surprised by and happy with Amazon. The book that originally wasn't going to be delivered until June 14th then was supposed to arrive Feb 19th actually arrived today! :bugeyed:

I've only glanced through the book, but I can tell that it's going to be the standard to which I hold all other companion books (and very likely find them woefully deficient).

Thanks Patrick!

Rodney

Can anyone ever match this? The thing is Patrick has done something with this deck that I don't believe many other (if any),Tarot artists has ever done... It has so much integrity and the work that has gone into it... this makes a great book that is a work of art in itself. It is certainly something brand new to the Tarot world and oh boy does it wear BIG shoes!!!

Sphynx131

Just received my book! Can't wait to go through it thoroughly, but at first glance it's beyond awesome!

SharonRA

Hello, everybody. :) This is my first post, I've been a member for several years, but so far have used AT for study and research only. But I had to share my excitement over the new DM companion book, which is supposed to be arriving from Amazon sometime this afternoon. :) Very excited!!

RexMalaki

I received my copy directly from Patrick, signed ans sigiled. The feel of the book as I thumbed through it...raised a deep mystical feeling within me and called for in depth study. I am so happy I ordered the borderless edition from Amazon.

Thanks Moonboy !!!

swedishfish612

I haven't been around much lately, and a few days ago I suddenly thought, "Hey, what about that Deviant Moon companion book? Did that ever come out?" I popped over to Amazon, where there were only 3 copies left. I couldn't check out fast enough. The DM was my learning deck, and when I pick it back up I often wonder why I bother to use others, because the DM speaks so clearly to me.

My book will be here tomorrow. I cannot wait!

angeltreats

Mine arrived this morning! I ordered from Book Depository in the UK. I'm so happy to finally have it!

Can't believe how huge it is and how beautiful.

Tibor

I'm not sure if this has been already discussed here (didn't have time to read through) but I just wanted to ask from those who got this book if it's really worth it in terms of how well it describes each card and its associated symbolism??? Can you dive deep into each card with the help of the book??? I just got rid off a lot of books so don't want to invest in something that is pretty pictures or not very relevant in terms of card meanings. Please someone elaborate on the usefulness of this book in terms of whether it has practical explanations of each card. Does it add a lot to the LWB meanings that came with the deck Thank you :)

Winterchild

Please someone elaborate on the usefulness of this book in terms of whether it has practical explanations of each card. Does it add a lot to the LWB meanings that came with the deck Thank you :)

For me it adds a huge amount to the deck, it is totally unique and there is no other book quite like it. In short it describes the making and creating of a Tarot deck over 25 plus years. It has way more information than the LWB, and large glorious colour images of each card, as well as other versions of the cards that the artist did. Even if you are not into art (hard for me to believe that anyone attracted to Tarot would not enjoy art at some level!), there is so much there. Each card has a history, this is no *lets jump on the bandwagon and create a Tarot deck from any old art thats lying around...* in my opinion it is probably next to the RWS and Thoth in it's integrity and intent. The book is fantastic...beautifully produced and huge. I already knew a fair amount about Patrick and his art from interviews, FB snippets etc, and have had the deck since 2008... this book was well worth the wait.

I did an unboxing video here which shows a little of the book contents if that's any good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgcAK2W3ypA

Hope this helps... yes I am enthusiastic, but I have yet to hear anything negative about this book. I believe one AT member said it has set a new standard for the Tarot companion book...

Tibor

Thanks for that and loved the video. I wish I could read a page from the book describing a card though just to get an idea about how each card is described. :)