Your Top 5 Home Remedies....

Tigerangel

My own tried and tested prevent all for colds is a daily diet of chilli ( I use chilli salt) and black pepper corns, every since I've used these daily I've never came down with a cold.
And I find aloe very gel good for taking the heat out of bite stings.

DownUnderNZer

Learnt a natural remedy just now that WORKS! :D

To suppress a wet cough -

Steep in one cup of boiled water (for 10 mins) a teaspoon of black pepper and 2 tablespoons of honey. Strain it if not in a strainer. Drink away.

Like sweet fire in your mouth, but the cough stops almost immediately.

DND :)

GotH

Apple Cider Vinegar for menstrual cramps.

Drink a mix of 2 teaspoons in half a cup of water everyday, for only a few days BEFORE the start of. Say good bye to physical discomfort! Just remember to begin drinking this 3 days before the start..

think

These recipes are great... my little boy is 4 and he has a horrible cough, especially at night, poor thing. Any remedies that are a bit less fiery?

Very happy to see the ice cube mosquito trick. I get eaten alive (almost, it feels like anyway) by those things.

DownUnderNZer

Honey and lemon juice drink...sipped slowly. Or...straight honey on a spoon.

Honey is a mild antibiotic and it is also great for sore throats and eases coughs.

These recipes are great... my little boy is 4 and he has a horrible cough, especially at night, poor thing. Any remedies that are a bit less fiery?

Very happy to see the ice cube mosquito trick. I get eaten alive (almost, it feels like anyway) by those things.

think

Honey is a mild antibiotic and it is also great for sore throats and eases coughs.

Thanks DND! I'll try them now :)

celticnoodle

Apple Cider Vinegar for menstrual cramps.

Drink a mix of 2 teaspoons in half a cup of water everyday, for only a few days BEFORE the start of. Say good bye to physical discomfort! Just remember to begin drinking this 3 days before the start..
lol! Wish I had known about this many years ago!

I love this thread. Always did. My fave recipe for when you're under the weather, and esp. if you have an upset stomach, or if you have no appetite and have vomitted up everything that was in your stomach--JELLO TEA! :D

Just empty half a packet of the regular sized jello flavor of your choice into a coffee mug and add boiling water to it. Stir well and sip at it. the jello coats your stomach, and helps you from continued vomitting and gives your stomach a nice warm feeling--helping you to feel much better. Plus, its tasty too! :thumbsup:

Greatdane here also turned me onto Oil of Oregano. I put one drop into a full glass of water to keep colds from coming my way. I think it helps. Haven't had a cold in a long while! :)

And then, coconut oil on boo-boos. cut yourself? kid scaped their knees? melt some coconut oil in the microwave and rub it onto the cleaned off cut. It truly works wonders! (Plus its a GREAT skin cleanser and moisturizer too!)

Calayvie

I second the honey!
I usually have honey lemon and ginger tea for sore throats etc, my 3yo will sip this with me but doesn't have as much.
He gets a teaspoon of honey, especially before bed. [emoji4]
Raw honey is best as it doesn't have all the good stuff heat treated out of it. [emoji4]
And organic. Some of the good honeys are SO expensive though, like a small jar of manuka honey for over $40?!? [emoji15]

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

DownUnderNZer

"Deep Fried Eggplant/Aubergine".

A way to cook this without each piece soaking up all the oil thus making them too oily and somewhat fatty not to mention going through bottles of oil in no time - is to lightly coat each piece (both sides) with egg white then fry them for a few minutes on each side. Lightly season them before being egged.

And if you do not want your Eggplant/Aubergine to be bitter - sprinkle a good heap of salt over the pieces for about 30 mins then wash them thoroughly with water to get that salty taste out.

Delicious and not oily at all really. Oil friendly and great on the taste buds.

DND :)

Cocobird55

For hiccups -- hold your nose and don't breath while you are drinking water.

Indigestion -- baking soda and water.

Coughing -- unprocessed pineapple juice. You just need a couple of sips.