Herbs and Tarot Cards

gypsyflower

Hi!
Can anyone point me in a direction that has a list of corresponding herbs and tarot cards? I'm a photographer who uses plant material in their work and I want to make a tarot deck one day with my process and the plants and herbs associated to each card. I have found RoyalRoad to be a good resource, but I'm looking for plants that are a little more common.

Samweiss

Hi!

Only correspondencies I'm familiar with is found in Aleister Crowley's Liber 777. Not too sure about how common all these are, though. Here's a link, just go to tab named "attributions" and you'll find plants and herbs associated with the card. Hope this helps!

http://supertarot.co.uk/777/empress.htm

Hemera

The Herbal Tarot is one of my personal favorites. There is a review HERE that has the Major Arcana herbs listed. The companion book has a lot of interesting information about all the herbs used in this deck.
There are other correspondences in THESE decks that you might want to research.

I think it would be really exciting to do some research and experiment and find one´s own correspondences and I have been toying with the idea sometimes but I always end up using the Herbal Tarot instead. The problem with that deck (as with most others) is that some of the herbs are unknown or unavailable here in Northern Europe. So I guess it would be really worth it to find my own correspondences.

gypsyflower

The Herbal Tarot is one of my personal favorites. There is a review HERE that has the Major Arcana herbs listed. The companion book has a lot of interesting information about all the herbs used in this deck.
There are other correspondences in THESE decks that you might want to research.

I think it would be really exciting to do some research and experiment and find one´s own correspondences and I have been toying with the idea sometimes but I always end up using the Herbal Tarot instead. The problem with that deck (as with most others) is that some of the herbs are unknown or unavailable here in Northern Europe. So I guess it would be really worth it to find my own correspondences.

Yeah! I would have to probably find my own correspondences. But I really don't know how I go about doing that. I live in New England. There's a lot here, I don't know how to work with herbs and cards...

gypsyflower

Hi!

Only correspondencies I'm familiar with is found in Aleister Crowley's Liber 777. Not too sure about how common all these are, though. Here's a link, just go to tab named "attributions" and you'll find plants and herbs associated with the card. Hope this helps!

http://supertarot.co.uk/777/empress.htm

Thanks I'll check it out. :)