Favourite Deck from Colette Baron-Reid

Gulliver

Favorite Deck from Colette Baron-Reid

Hello to all!

What is your favorite deck from Colette Baron-Reid and why?

In the I-net I have seen some decks:

- The Wisdom of Avalon
- Messages From Spirit
- Wisdom of the Hidden Realms
- The Enchanted Map Oracle
- Wisdom of the House of Night

I know - all decks are very different. Nevertheless I have to decide and don't know how.
My feeling brings me to The Enchanted Map...

Which deck you prefer, especially this people of you, who own different decks from C. Baron-Reid?

2dogs

Hello, I have Wisdom of the Hidden Realms and have just got Enchanted Map. I haven't looked at it much yet, but it seems to have a lot more details to make a meaning from.

Aulruna

My favourite is Enchanted Map. It is a versatile system and the cards are really stunning. I think this is a deck well suited for people who like a story telling approach. Was not fond of the companion booklet - it spouts the usual "empowering" messages, but since the cards are very evocative, you don't really need it.

I have also used Wisdom of Avalon a lot, especially since I got hold of the 2nd edition where the Sacred Journey Markers were updated to look different (before, all 21 looked exactly the same except for the keyword on the marker). A good deck if Celtic/faerie type symbolism speaks to you.

Hidden Realms didn't really work for me - beautiful images, but the whole oracle seemed to be kind of random, I work better with some kind of structure or system.

Wisdom of House of Night is a recent addition for me; it did surpass my expectations as it is able to be used independently, you don't need to know the book series. Haven't really tried it out yet.

2dogs

The art on House of Night looks pretty good, but some cards appear to feature characters from the books, which I haven't read. I don't like the Avalon art so much and they seem to have re-used the same signpost image a lot. I can't find any images from Messages from Spirit.

morganesky

I used the Wisdom of Avalon for years and found it to be fairly accurate. I did buy Wisdom of the Hidden Realms but couldn't get into it at all. It was pretty similar to the Avalon deck to be honest, so felt too repetitive and I sold them both. On that basis, it has put me off trying anymore of her decks, but I tend to steer away from Hay House publications. I love Louise Hay's book, You Can Heal Your Life, but the rest of the stuff doesn't gel with me :)

GoldenWolf

The only one I have, which I really like, is the Enchanted Map Oracle. It has a lot of symbolism that you can use in interpreting the cards. So if that appeals to you, you would probably like this deck.

Gulliver

Thank you very much for answering, I'm very glad!

@2dogs: I thought to have seen the cards of Messages from Spirit on youtube, but now I looked again and have to say, they aren't.

I really felt in love with the images of the cards from The Enchanted Map Oracle. There are so many subtleties in it, I think too. And I believe, they would be working well for me. Yes, I like to interpret of symbolism.

I was looking on amazon and there are many references about Hidden of the Realms, so I thought, a lot of people use this, maybe more than such which use the Avalon deck. It is very interesting for me to hear, that the Avalon deck is working very well. The HotR seems to be similar. Stories with fairies I thoroughly like and I like the thought of 'hidden realms'.

The WotHoN seems to be very powerfull, full of mystery, for me. It is to see on youtube. I don't know, but I think, it is a gorgeous deck. The card "hope" is amazing!

But all together - I tend to The Enchanted Map.

If anybody has a link to see the deck (some cards) of Messages from Spirit, I would be glad, too.

2dogs

Wisdom of the Hidden Realms has very nice art, but the pictures are nearly all supernatural beings like spirits or angels - The Metal King, The Lady of the Gift, The Spirit Whisperer, The Ringmaster of Scrutiny, The Chess Queen. I haven't been able to make up meanings from just looking at the pictures so far, but maybe I need to think about what this spirit is doing instead. There are keywords on the cards too, such as Trust, Strategizing or Circuitous Route, Perception, and the interpretations in the guidebook are very detailed. I should practise with it some more. :cool3:

Glass Owl

Hands down my favorite is the Wisdom of the House of Night. It is my favorite deck - not just of Colette Baron-Reid decks that I own - but the favorite in my entire collection. I just "get" it and it works for me.

I like The Enchanted Map too although I do find it a bit overloaded with people cards.

Marcus R

Only have Enchanted Map. Beautiful cards. Usually use for end of tarot reading wrap up, personal messages, "empowerment" if you like.