The Primary Deck Reflections 2010 (both threads)

strings of life

Onyx said:
Okay, finally posted a reading I did tonight.

It was based on the Full Moon Spread too!

Here is the link!

Onyx.
I like this spread!

I finally posted today. It's been a rocky two weeks, and this latest post is on why I decided to keep my Bohemian Gothic Silver.

The Cliff Notes version:

It was a sealed deck and it sat aside for a bout a month while I suffered through buyers remorse. I tried to sell it and after a few days of no buyers, I put it on eBay. Then, I decided to actually LOOK at the cards and stumbled upon a double The Star card (one of my favorites in every deck, along with The Moon, Death and the 3 of Swords).

An, yes, after panicking, the deck was complete, but with one added The Star.

I took it as sign and now I am content with my purchase.

Awesomeness all around :).

kabang

Today I came home from work to a surprise copy of... the Deviant Moon Tarot! Yup, I could now officially join all you deviant mooners out there... though that makes you sound like perverse people who flash your rear ends, doesn't it? :)

Anyway, it was a lovely surprise, and I'm now positively swimming in amazing decks that I've hard touched. Bohemian Gothic? Check! Lunatic? Check! Russian Tarot? Check! This is getting ridiculous! I'm looking at the Liber T and thinking, "Why I am slogging away with this impossible deck when I could be reveling in the beauty of the Victorian Romantic?"

And yet, I muddle on. A challenge is good for the soul, right?

inanna_tarot

kabang said:
Today I came home from work to a surprise copy of... the Deviant Moon Tarot! Yup, I could now officially join all you deviant mooners out there... though that makes you sound like perverse people who flash your rear ends, doesn't it? :)
*MWHAHAHAHAHAHA*

Warning though Kabang.. be careful if you let your DM play with other decks.
Just blogged a 2 card reading with the DPO, who has now got CHEEKY with me since its dabble with the DM the other day.

Oh dear, what have I done?

Onyx

kabang said:
This is getting ridiculous! I'm looking at the Liber T and thinking, "Why I am slogging away with this impossible deck when I could be reveling in the beauty of the Victorian Romantic?"

And yet, I muddle on. A challenge is good for the soul, right?

Hi! I had to pipe in with a word of encouragement.

I know exactly what you are saying. I had the Liber T nearly eight months before I was brave enough to give it my attention. I know it takes time but there is a reward for the efforts.

I have to admit that one thing that kept me going were the many posts by Scion that kept me encouraged to keep at it.

If you want a great thread on the Deacons then this is a good one:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=123884

Here are a few threads that I like what he said about it:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2010717&postcount=89
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1822802&postcount=45

Hope this helps encourages you to keep at it.

Onyx

kabang

Onyx said:
Hi! I had to pipe in with a word of encouragement.

I know exactly what you are saying. I had the Liber T nearly eight months before I was brave enough to give it my attention. I know it takes time but there is a reward for the efforts.

I have to admit that one thing that kept me going were the many posts by Scion that kept me encouraged to keep at it.

Hope this helps encourages you to keep at it.

Onyx

Thank you Onyx -- these do help. I need to spend some time with the tread on the Decans, as well as with the cards themselves. I have some 'study' time blocked out for myself after work, which I'm really looking forward to.

You may have a PM, though, after I get to work. ;)

Onyx

kabang said:
You may have a PM, though, after I get to work. ;)

Ohh a Private Message. I am filled with curiosity about what it will say.

Onyx

Kimberlee

Sign me up please! With my newly acquired Bohemian Gothic! :D

I chose this one, because it has enough differences from the RWS to keep me interested for a long period of study. And because it creeps me out. And it is gorgeous! :)

My blog will have a variety of decks posted to it, but I'll pop back in to let you know when I'm posting a spread for the PDR. Unless I decide to share it in the readings section, which I'll be sure to share here too.

I do know the upcoming week or so should have all BG Daily Draws on my blog. ;)

Thanks!

~Kimberlee

Onyx

Kimberlee said:
Sign me up please! With my newly acquired Bohemian Gothic! :D

I chose this one, because it has enough differences from the RWS to keep me interested for a long period of study. And because it creeps me out. And it is gorgeous! :)

My blog will have a variety of decks posted to it, but I'll pop back in to let you know when I'm posting a spread for the PDR. Unless I decide to share it in the readings section, which I'll be sure to share here too.

I do know the upcoming week or so should have all BG Daily Draws on my blog. ;)

Thanks!

~Kimberlee

Hello Kimberlee and weclome to the PDR!

Thanks for joining us and I hope that you learn a lot on the journey.

I have checked out your blog and see that you have the link to Aeclectic Tarot main page. That's perfect so I have added you to the list.

Make yourself comfortable and let me know if there is anything that I can do to help!

Onyx.

The Guided Hermit

It's been a good, productive morning. I posted my daily and I'm taking the meditation card to heart (8 of Swords) and freeing my mind from the chaffing binds of the past.

Yes!

Kimberlee

Thanks Onyx! Glad to meet all the fellow PDR folks here. :)

I did just post a rather unexpected reading today, as the BG prodded me with the fourth Page of Cups I've drawn this month. Each time was out of a different deck too.

So I created a Four Way Court Card Analysis reading, which yielded some unexpected results. ;)

~Kimberlee