Dollar Tree Tarot's cousin???

tarotbear

A 'Marked' tarot deck! What will they think of next? LOL!!!!!!

Pink felt? Wow - about as useful as the ubiquitous chiffon bag some decks come with...

Rhinemaiden

Ok, I'll admit it, I bought one! I thought it was worth the curiosity factor. If you like the Dollar Tree ones, you might love these, except you can't really use them for readings, as I'll explain below. The main aesthetic difference is size. The card size of the deck in the set is bigger, 2.5 x 4.5. You can kind of tell in the pic posted at the top of this thread, and you can see the back design's a bit different, and of course the colors are lurid as shown. And, this deck is complete, all the cards are there. Personally, I wouldn't thrill to either of these decks because I like pictured Minors anyway. Of the two, I prefer the DT for price and size - I like the smaller card - and because it was missing some Minors, it encouraged me to use just the Majors and Courts in a fortune-telling manner, so I got some fun out of it. The spread cloth isn't interesting. It's pink felt and the spread is a simple 8 card spread for you and a friend, past, present, future, and a wish - clearly for teen girls. However, here's the spoiler, hard to believe, except that the card box actually says right on it: "Tarot Cards with a Secret, Read Your Friends Minds, Predict or Even Change the Future," but the deck is marked. The little instruction book explains that woven into the border design on the back are initials (like 10S for 10 of Swords) for identifying the card so that you can tell what card it is when it's lying face down and mystify your friends with your psychic abilities. They suggest having your friend pick a card, then hold it up back to you, and you "read their mind." Now, who wants one?!

Oh, thank you for revealing the "secret"... the boxes were sealed and I wasn't about to open one and be forced to buy it... a "marked" tarot deck??? What a hoot!!! Is nothing sacred in the psychic realm? LOL

WyrdRaven

The deck looks very kitsch and collectible. But the ad makes me want to hurl! Gack!!!

Alamaris

I was wailing with laughter when I saw the cotton-candy-on-LSD pink and blue cards -- wonderful! splendid! so terribly kitsch!

Finding out that they're marked is even better. Put a sari on your head! Scam your friends!

Hee.

baylys

I so want one!!!! Our Kmart stores in NZ SUCK!

Parzival

Dollar Tree Cousin?

As an amateur magician, I found it fun to cut to the tenth card, after shuffling, then reveal the card by touching it to my forehead, looking at the secret. My college student daughter was amazed. (She doesn't know about magic decks.) The deck went into a wooden box to eliminate the glitzy girly advertizing. It's bizarre -- but I like the past, present, and future on each major arcana card. Superficial yet fun and maybe even a little profound in its three time-directions. Not the Buddha, Grail, or Rumi Tarot. But amusing and imaginative, if you can forgive the abominable, nightrmarish back colors : holy hell !

baylys

Anyone able to buy me one and post it to NZ? I'll sort you out for $ via paypal.

magpie9

I want the fortune telling hand! Maybe the marked deck, too.....these are so tacky they're wonderful!

Miss Divine

You guys are an unbelievable bunch I tell ya! :D

magpie9

Well, I saw the Fortune Telling Hand In Person In the Plastic for like $7. at Hastings the other day, didn't get it because I'd already overspent on actual books...but I'm thinking of going back. :D I mean, how long can I continue to exist without that Amazing piece of Kitsch in my life? I could put it on my table, it'd look real professional, like when Dr's have models of brains and kidneys and things on their desks.
It may be a necessity for us Professional Types.
:D