Leaving the querent with bad news

gregory

What's your point?

If the bomb needs to be dropped, you drop it. Dropping bombs cannot always be delivered in a rosy fashion.

I understand the desire to coddle someone when delivering bad news. The downside to this is a growing inability for people to take the negative in life. Every cloud does not have a silver lining, witty phrase notwithstanding.

<snip>

I felt no compulsion to find the positive in a situation that had no positive.
This, very much so. Any other path leads to people abrogating the responsibility for their own lives. Sure we can try and deliver the bad news gently-ish - but ultimately if it is bad news, it has to be delivered without sugar.

tarotbear

What's your point?

If the bomb needs to be dropped, you drop it. Dropping bombs cannot always be delivered in a rosy fashion.

The discussion is not about roses, brimstone, or anything you are currently venting against my posts about; no idea where you are coming from, or why. Please go back and read my very first, first statement back in post #4. And have a wonderful holiday season.

Bonny

There's no such thing as a 'neutral' starting point.
There's just intention - and hopefully at bare minimum I would hope it would be to do no harm.

Some readers see the dark (the bomb) and get their own needs met by the energetics this causes in imposing it on a querent.

Being unregulated , this is the main thing that makes the tarot reading arena so problematic - the mind of the reader. It gets in the way. Where's accountability on the distortions on consciousness that unreflective, less-resourced readers have dished out over time?

Like anything in life, if a reader is pure and clear and works with Light they will soulfully guide with subtlety and respect for the light patterns in the querent's nature. To do less, to me seems monstrous. As tarot is not a profession and has no sworn to code (eg, do no harm - first principle in medicine), caution or filtering on part of querent is essential.
Like in a friendship, select carefully who you trust.

Let your soul guide you

closerwalking

I use this to help people on the inner realm rather than the outer world as in truth what is going on within someone greatly affects the outer world. and this is really the only thing we have control over, ie can do something about. I do not feel right giving someone devastating news and then shoving them out the door. if they show up and the reading is heading into dark area, I feel I have been given gift of helping that person or they would not have shown up. In my own life, I had to handle complex issues, and now I am finding this is the sort of thing showing up in the readings for others. deep work.

closerwalking

I used to live in very sophisticated metaphysical community, in Va. Bch. VA. home of Edgar Cayce's center. Ever hear of Edgar Cayce? well known psychic. His center attracted tons of psychics. and vast majority of them were no good, it is not easy, nor simple matter to truly help folks this way.

closerwalking

there is no one way to do or use Tarot. no one shoe fits everyone, and no one can help everyone. That is the beauty of this method, it is so diverse, with so many different personalities. I love it.

Luna-Ocean

I also think delivering the bad new is just as important with given the good news, but i also agree i think it's better for the reader to try and give the querent help with the positives then just leaving them with the worse news possible?

I remember reading for a friend who was going through an abusive marriage and she would be seriously risking her own life staying in this relationship, would you then say that her only option was to stay with this violent man because she made marriage vow's to honor him in good and bad times or tell her that she must find the courage to leave him? I think if a Tarot reader has got that knowledge to help someone make better choices then i don't see why we should not try and influence that querent in making them feel empowered and that they don't need to be living in a dangerous and horrible situation?

gregory

The discussion is not about roses, brimstone, or anything you are currently venting against my posts about; no idea where you are coming from, or why. Please go back and read my very first, first statement back in post #4. And have a wonderful holiday season.
I did read it.

It says: (AFTER A MAJOR EDIT, I have to say...)

However, there is much to be said for compassion and TACT. It is one thing to say that there seems to be a major catastrophe heading in the Querent's direction and then helping them sort out some of the difficulties about it, and quite another to spread the cards and declare 'All The Members Of Your Family Will DIE When The Hindenburg Tries To Land In New Jersey' and then scoop up the cards and walk away leaving them destitute ...
and later:
believe the title of this tread is 'Leaving the Querent with Bad News'; it does not specify the manner in which the 'bomb is dropped', but that fact that the bomb must be dropped.
Not one person has said "use no tact". But I still disagree with you - I think saying "sort out some of the difficulties" goes too far towards "we can make this sort of OK" and on occasion - we can't. And the sitter needs to realise that. If the cards actually said 'All The Members Of Your Family Will DIE When The Hindenburg Tries To Land In New Jersey'- don't just stomp off, sure, but equally don't say "never mind, it'll work out in the end." That does the sitter no favours.