The International Icon and Me

Satori

It's here!!!!

I don't immediately love or feel averse to the images. The coloring is interesting and evokes different emotional responses than a typical RWS. In fact things pop out and take on a completely different feel than I'm used to.

It is very beautiful tho, and I feel it working in me in subtle ways....because I am thinking about the images differently now that they are so minimalistic...quite arresting actually.

Promises to be interesting.

Thumbing thru it I was surprised when I got to the end and saw the Happy Squirrel. I mean I knew it was there, but I wasn't thinking about it.

I will definitely use this card....how? Not sure....

Ok. Off to the grocery store, with II in tow.

Am thinking of doing something I've never done before.
Naming the deck, some kind of nick.
We are going to be together for a while, so, this will be a real relationship...

See this is also about commitment. Always about commitment....and process, trusting the process.

Grizabella

What more appropriate nickname than "Ike"? LOL

lark

I'll hold your hand anytime you need it, but its not going to be easy because they'll be full of International Icon cards! :D
The colors and the shapes are going to give you a great big brain smack and you're going to love it. :love:
It really could have been any deck. (but this one is a real goodie! :thumbsup:)
So take a big deep breath and focus.

tmgrl2

elf....

Enjoy!!

I LOVE this deck!!

Wonderful plan.....

terri

Satori

I did a lovely exploratory reading with my new deck.
It is quite evocative in it's simplicity.

I definitely like it a lot. Right now I like it! Like any new deck the mystery is still there and itfeels very exciting to return to the cards and become surprised by little things here and there that are quite nice. We are honeymooning.

And then I look at it and think, this is it for a year.....eegads! :neutral:

I love the colors in the deck. I very much like the Queen of Wands who in the RWCS always looked like a man dressed as a woman to me. So the Icon gives me a whole new look at the Wand Queen and I like her.

I admit that the majors that would usually cause someone to sort of pause and be a tad nervous (ex. Death and Devil) are quite neutral in the Icon. Don't know yet if that is good or bad...

And this is weird, but, I saw a rainbow behind the head of one of the characters and didn't like it. I've been back thru the deck, can't find the rainbow.....hmmm.

I very much like the Aces.
The Ace of Cups is so Christian looking to me, very Lutheran in fact.
In fact the Aces carry a whole new meaning to me in this deck. They are very regal looking. Very powerful images. I think right now the Aces are my favorite cards in the pack.

FantasyWorld

elf said:
And this is weird, but, I saw a rainbow behind the head of one of the characters and didn't like it. I've been back thru the deck, can't find the rainbow.....hmmm.

Looking at the website with all the cards, I see Temperance has a rainbow above it.
I'd sort of like to do this too but I don't have this deck and I have soooo little time for my beloved Tarot...sigh!

Just noticed that Tarot Gardens site with review has a pic of the same card and it does NOT have the rainbow above it.....

PlatinumDove

I think I'll join you on this endevour. I don't have many decks, only 16, but...which one to choose? Do I choose one of my tried and true ones? Do I choose one of the ones I haven't read with at all yet? Heck, maybe this could become an AT thing, like the AT traveling deck! We could get members...willingly of course...to commit to one deck for an entire year!

Satori

Hi fantasyworld, yes, the rainbow is on Robin ATor's site too...
So he must have changed it before the deck went to print, or the first edition has the rainbow...

Just glad to know I wasn't hallucinating.

wow PlatinumDove! If you want to participate that would be grand.
I'm sure we could give each other, along with bleuivy who hasn't revealed her deck choice yet, lots of support.

There are going to be days when I'm going to want to chuck this deck and grab something with fairies or faces or at least see hands and feet! LOL

I was just reading for a woman in Oregon on the phone just now and the reading I did for her about a possible job change, three cards, was as clear as a bell. Almost too easy...it was just there....obvious....I hardly had to work to answer her!

Ok there! I get it! I don't need a year! mwaaahaaahahaahhaaahaha!

and larkie, thanks for this deck my friend.

I like it, I like it, I like it!!!

Umbrae, you picked a good one!
Thanks to both of you!

Jewel-ry

elf,

I need to ask a question. Have you actually packed up all of your other decks...I mean are they physically stored away from you...no chance of you bumping into one or anything? What about oracles?

~

Umbrae

elf said:
Umbrae, you picked a good one!
I had nothing to do with it.

Thank Robin Ator. A brilliant artist, an upright guy with vision...

:smoker: