Pars fortuna.... interesting placement.

Sharla

Just started using pars fortuna in charts now.....in a recent one ive cast, pars fortuna is placed between both significators and under the same ruler ship sign of both significators.

So both significators and pars fortuna are ruled by saturn......but all in different houses, being 9,10,11.

Anyone know what this could mean ? Pars fortuna is in house 10 with a significator at either side.

Ive been looking online for a while, but can't seem to find much information.

Sharla

Also how do i know if its placement is well dignified or not ?

It being in the 10th im taking as a good sign, just not sure about anything else.

Minderwiz

Quick question, which I should have picked up on last time.

Which calculation are you using?

To be precise, are you calculating the lot the same way for both day and night charts or are you reversing it for night charts?

If you don't know, check the chart website you are using.

Sharla

Quick question, which I should have picked up on last time.

Which calculation are you using?

To be precise, axe eyou the a la uig Oz tth same way for both day and night charts or are you reversing itor night charts?

If you don't know, check the chart website you are using.

Yes i have come across what (your trying) to say lol....i havent done any changing around for now, all i did when i cast the chart is also add in the pof on astro.com website.

It is a day chart, so the pof is in the correct place isn't it...being placed above the horizon ?

Minderwiz

The Lot of Fortune

Apolgies for the rubbish in the previous post. I was having problems with my tablet's keyboard. LOL

Firstly, the Lot of Fortune is not of Arab origin (or for that matter Persian or Jewish). It dates back to the very beginning of Horoscopic Astrology and is of Hellenistic origin. The Greeks referred to it as a Kleros or in English, a Lot. Originally the word meant a plot of land that citizens were given (or allotted). We still use the word in that sense, such as allotments, or parking lots. It's astrological meaning derives from that process, it's what is allotted to you by the gates or the cosmos, or God.

The Latin translation of Pars, doesn't really have quite the same meaning and the use of the term, Arabic Part, is positively misleading. The system of Horoscopic Astrology was in part designed around the Lot of Fortune and the other Lots (Kleroi).

The system also included the interpretation of charts according to whether they were day or night chats. The previous chart you used was also a day chart (Sun above the horizion) One of the subtle differences is that the calculation of the Lot differed depending on whether it was a day or a night chart.

For a Day chart you start at the Sun and count the number of degrees to the Moon, you then project that distance from the Ascendant-(in the same direction as you counted (either clockwise of anti-clockwise).

For a Night chart you start with the Moon and count the number of degrees to the Sun. You then project that distance from the Ascendant, again in the same direction that you counted.

Mathematically the Lot of Fortune is calculated:

Day: Ascendant + Moon - Sun

Night: Ascendant + Sun - Moon

In both cases the Sect light (Sun by day, Moon by night) carry's the light to the out of sect light. It carries the light into the darkness, or if you like, it brings the light of the cosmos into the physical body - it invests the body with a soul. It is therefore principally concerned with the physical body and what befalls it, such as accident, disease, the beneficence of others, the malfeasance of others.

The only exception to this method of calculation was Ptolemy, who used the Day formula as his only formula. As Ptolemy survived into modern times, when many of the others were lost, or only survived through Arab intermediaries, meant that Ptolemy's calculation was viewed as the correct one, and the formulae that came via the Arab Astrologers was mistaken or even invented by them.

I always use the original formulas for day and for night calculations but you will find that many Horary Astrologers use Ptolemy's formula because Lilly believed that Ptolemy was the original version of Astrology and the Arabs were deviant.

Interpretation is mainly from the Lord of the Lot (planet that rules it). It's place in the chart is also relevant, especially if it's angular or aspects the Ascendant by whole sign.

Minderwiz

OK is this the same chart as in your post about his feelings, with Mars in Aquarius (11th), Venus in Capricorn (9th) and Saturn in Sagittarius (8th), or a new chart?

Sharla

OK is this the same chart as in your post about his feelings, with Mars in Aquarius (11th), Venus in Capricorn (9th) and Saturn in Sagittarius (8th), or a new chart?

No not the same chart as last time, different chart and i asked this time "Does x love me" ?

Same sort of question, i know. But i had a bit of a melt down with him through txt the night before, and he did let his emotions out a little....so just thought id see.

So IF i'm using him as 1st like last time, then he's venus and im mars and yes saturns in the 8th still....i think this is the same as the other chart.

I just wondered what with the part of fortune being wedged inbetween us both, and under the same ruler meant.

Im personally not seeing it as good....but wanted someone else's opinion. In my other thread you did mention the fate, and i'm sure this is what it is especially being between us in this chart...so fate yes, but all being under Saturn, then it doesn't seem very good.

Saturn bring placed in the 8th house under jupiter, and jupiter in the 6th.....but just starting the via combusta at 15 degrees, libra.

BTW i have read your information in your previous post about this pof.....i do need to read this a couple more times for it to sink in, i've had to do this with a few of your replys lol.

Minderwiz

The first question is whether the Lot is conjunct either of the two significators (no other aspect with the significators is possible from your description). There might be an aspect from Jupiter and there might be an aspect from Saturn. The Jupiter aspect would make it stronger, the Saturn aspect would normally weaken it, but it's always good if the Lot is aspected by its ruler.

Saturn in the eighth would be weak. If Saturn aspects either of the significators (I think Mars would be the only one possible) that would not be good.

However, you really should only bother with the Lot, if you are concerned with the health of someone, or their wealth (health is usually a prerequisite to be a successful income earner, poor health tends to hinder employment and prosperity).

Lilly has a lot to say about the essential and accidental dignity of the Lot (probably of medieval origin) but concludes that it has significance for life and for a person's estate. He also concludes that he needs to do more research into it and to publish that at a later date.

Sharla

The first question is whether the Lot is conjunct either of the two significators (no other aspect with the significators is possible from your description). There might be an aspect from Jupiter and there might be an aspect from Saturn. The Jupiter aspect would make it stronger, the Saturn aspect would normally weaken it, but it's always good if the Lot is aspected by its ruler.

Saturn in the eighth would be weak. If Saturn aspects either of the significators (I think Mars would be the only one possible) that would not be good.

However, you really should only bother with the Lot, if you are concerned with the health of someone, or their wealth (health is usually a prerequisite to be a successful income earner, poor health tends to hinder employment and prosperity).

Lilly has a lot to say about the essential and accidental dignity of the Lot (probably of medieval origin) but concludes that it has significance for life and for a person's estate. He also concludes that he needs to do more research into it and to publish that at a later date.

Okay so i shouldn't be using it then anyway. The only planet it's making aspects with anyway is a semi square with neptune, and has separated from a square with uranus......nothing else.

I know these are outer planets....BUT neptune does have the same degree as the mean node, so thought it maybe significant. Just doing some research on it now.